The little bugs after hysterectomy - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The little bugs after hysterectomy The little bugs after hysterectomy

Unread 06-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Re: The little bugs after surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelifenow View Post
I have to agree with you, stretching!! I was so jealous of my cat, she was alwaysby my side and twisted and stretched in so many ways that looked so comfy!! Still havent mastered a great abdominal stretch but getting there.
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to stretch my legs without pulling on the abdominal muscles. Wow, it was tough...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Re: The little bugs after hysterectomy

Im in my 9th week. Chose to be on estradiol 1mg. Just dont want to go into shock menopause and suffer needlesly. I have to say so far so good. And I personaly think we need some kind of hormone for our overall well being. My goal is to NOT SUFFER. To live life as comfortably as I can whatever it takes!
Unread 06-25-2014, 09:43 PM
The little bugs after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstocruise View Post
Im in my 9th week. Chose to be on estradiol 1mg. Just dont want to go into shock menopause and suffer needlesly. I have to say so far so good. And I personaly think we need some kind of hormone for our overall well being. My goal is to NOT SUFFER. To live life as comfortably as I can whatever it takes!
You are probably right about our bodies needing some kind of hormone since it has been striped...that is one thing my doctor did say when I told him the hot flashes were so intense, He said sure they are your body is missing your ovaries..I will see where my mind is at my 6 week check up, if these hot flashes get worse or mellow out ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allnewforme View Post
You are probably right about our bodies needing some kind of hormone since it has been striped...that is one thing my doctor did say when I told him the hot flashes were so intense, He said sure they are your body is missing your ovaries..I will see where my mind is at my 6 week check up, if these hot flashes get worse or mellow out ....
Let me know how that goes for you. My mother never got on any hormones and I have watched her suffer for so many yrs with hotflashes bad. She said if she was my age and had it to do all over again she would do hrt. She only has an occasional one every now and then. She is 63. She had bad uterine fibroids along with heavy periods. But back then doc thot hrt would cause cancer. Now they not and hrt actually helps not hinders. Best wishes in your recovery. From a hyst sis in Tx.
Unread 06-26-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
I did the holding my breath stretch an it felt good almost made a complete stretch.. Thanks for the tip
You're welcome, happy to pass the tip along.
Unread 06-26-2014, 05:32 AM

My emotions are crazy! I get easily angry than ever before. Yesterday I had major pain and it felt like cramps & my insides were being ripped out. And today I'm just as happy as a lark.
  Quote:
I am noticing so many little pesty things..3 weeks post/op..
1) the intense hot flashes
2) the burning in my belly button
3) not being able to completely empty my bladder
4) still have painful has bubbles
5) not being able to really have a good stretch
6) of course the emotions crying cause I can't do something like pick up my furry baby
Really hoping all this crazy little things go away soon....
What are your little bugs ?
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
There is another board called "power surge" with good info on menopause
I too wonder if there are health issues related to not going on HRT or Bios., aside from the obvious hot flashes! I just don't know enough about all the meno stuff, sadly, I don't think the Drs are any more educated than we
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:30 AM

My husbands aunt was talking to me about her hysterectomy a few days ago, because she had heard about my surgery, She had a surprise baby at 47 and a couple of years later her dr recommended a hysterectomy. She had everything taken out and says she never had a hot flash or anything else afterward even though she was still having regular periods prior to it. I think it's kind of amazing how everyone reacts so differently. She is in her 70s now so many years past surgery.
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxrnubz View Post
My husbands aunt was talking to me about her hysterectomy a few days ago, because she had heard about my surgery, She had a surprise baby at 47 and a couple of years later her dr recommended a hysterectomy. She had everything taken out and says she never had a hot flash or anything else afterward even though she was still having regular periods prior to it. I think it's kind of amazing how everyone reacts so differently. She is in her 70s now so many years past surgery.
It really is a roll the dice....hot flashes for you and you over there, nada!!!
Unread 06-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltsplace View Post
It really is a roll the dice....hot flashes for you and you over there, nada!!!
Hate hate hate the intense hot flashed

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register