So glad I found you all! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So glad I found you all! So glad I found you all!

Unread 09-06-2002, 03:20 PM
So glad I found you all!

Hi everyone, I have been glued to your page since yesterday afternoon when I found this site. Let me start off by thanking the people that support this site. I am going to give it to my Doctor's Nurses to recommend to others that are going to the Castle.

I found out yesterday that it is highly recommended that I have a TAH/BSO due to the amount of fibroids (sizes range to 2.5cm), a 5cm cyst on my left ovary and my family history. (My Mom's Mom died of ovarian cancer after having her hysterectomy but leaving her ovaries and my Mom has been battling fibroids for years now). So when given the option I only had to think about 5 minutes and the result was take it all. I don't want to leave anything to chance.

I was initially worried about the hormones and how they will make me feel. But I have a girlfriend that has been on them since 1989 and she says she has handled them very well.

Then I was worried about the Surgery. I mean, I have been in the hospital once and that was to give birth 12 years ago and it was vaginal and no time for cutting anything down there. So I read some of the stuff on this site and though still a little unnerved, I feel better just knowing that its the best thing and the long term results will be fantastic.

Then came the fear of what in the world will I do about work. I own my own business and I am the only employee...LOL! Who will handle that? Well, today the girls at the office I have to frequent everyday ended my worries there. They said just call us and we'll get the info you need to you via fax. They are so great!

So here I am... My lists of what to take and what to have ready at the house are done. I have debriefed my DH and 12-year old son on what I will be going through and what I can and cannot do. Thanks to the site, I have asked all my questions to the Nurse and Made my appointment! The Big Day is QUICKLY approaching. Can you believe they had an opening on the day I requested? Yes, September 26th. WOW! I figured the sooner the better and I didn't want to feel yucky for the holidays.

The next 2 weeks will be filled with me busily gathering up all the "stuff" I will need and doing all the chores to have a jump on things when I first get home so that I will be able to relax and my "Boys" won't feel too overwhelmed.

I think it will really hit me the week of. You know, Someone cutting on me, 2 weeks no driving, 4 weeks until I can attempt a semi routine of walking (Normally walk 2 miles a day), not lugging things in and out of my SUV that I find "treasure hunting", and NO SEX!!! I am still a newlywed. I have just been married a year this past July. But my hubby is being an Angel. Very Supportive.

Basically I just wanted to say thanks. I am sure I will be on here as much as possible reading and learning from all of your experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2002, 03:46 PM
So glad I found you all!

Kim, welcome to Hystersisters! It seems like you've got yourself pretty well organized. This is a great site for getting hints and suggestions to help along the way.

Good luck!
Unread 09-06-2002, 03:52 PM
So glad I found you all!

((((hi Sassy)))))

Wow! you sound like you have done a good job in planning every thing(must come from owning your own bus.) Congrats on your surgery being so soon. I am having mine sept 16th and i know what you are saying about not wanting to feel bad during the holidays I love to cook and enjoy the holidays so much that it would not be the same if i couldn't celebrate them normally.

I am so glad that you found this site too. I know what you ment when you said you were glued to the pages so was i when i found it over 1 wk aga and still am.

I am sure that we will be talking again and i will be here after my castle exper. to share with you how it went for me

Good Luck to you and congrats on you being a newly wed and don't worry your sex life will be better once all this is over and you will have a long and health life i'm sure.

God bless
Teresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2002, 04:53 PM
welcome

Hi, Kim,

I know what you mean when you said you have been glued to this site. I've been glued since April! Seriously though, this site has been a real life saver and I have made some great friendships here. Please feel free to ask any questions or concerns as they crop up. The ladies here are great at calming the path to surgery.

Good Luck to You!

Lynn/Cappy in Chat
Unread 09-06-2002, 05:45 PM
So glad I found you all!

Oh wow Sassy,
You sound just like me! The only difference was I did not have fibroids nor do i have a family history to go by,(im adopted) but my dh and I were self employed at the time of my hyst and we were the only 2 employees.
Sounds good you will have some kind of help with your business affairs while you are recovering.
I found this site about a month before my castle date and I too have been glued here...its hard to get away sometimes because there are sooo many good people here. This site was a God send back then and still is now.
My biggest fear was not the surgery till i got to the castle that morning...it was the hormones i would have to take after.
I worried till i kept reading this site and talking to my Mom and she eased my fears about it. I am on Vivelle Dot now and LOVE IT!
I had a c-section 12 years ago when i had my son so I knew some of what to expect.
You are doing a great job getting things ready! Just dont wear yourself down too much girlfriend!
When it came down to the week before my surgery, yes, i did get a little crazy but i think i was worse before my lap!
Having the hyst. is a very big deal. Its major surgery. Not something you do on a regular basis so it will work on your nerves. Perfectly normal.
To help myself get through the actual surgery day was focusing on the outcome. My pain was going to be gone for the first time since i had been 17, when it started.
It can take up to a year to recover from this procedure. I am sure you will get through this beautifully.
Keep reading here and talking to your doc too for answers to your concerns, both before and afterwards. Just dont forget the princess training.....drink plenty of fluids, rest often and walk to keep things circulating.

P.S. As far as the sex goes, it was kinda hard waiting till we were cleared but it is just as good now as it was before.
Unread 09-06-2002, 07:16 PM
glued

Hi Kim! Welcome! I totally know what you mean about being glued to this site....my hubby now calls me the hyster queen, and will come into the room and read over my shoulder.....especially when he hears me laughing at some of these posts. What a wealth of info is on this site, and so much caring and support. My TAH is on Monday, and at my pre-op this past week my gyn was surprised that I didn't have that many questions......I had had them all answered here! It sounds like you are very organized...make sure you also delegate! Good luck to you
FlossBoss
Unread 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM
So glad I found you all!

I just want to say, for someone in the same place as you, I hope I'm as well organised as you when my time time comes next month! I live in the Virgin Islands, but am coming "home" to Georgia to the doctor who has seen through the last 10 years. So, we're not only hystersisters, but southern sisters as well. Cool! I'll be listening to hear what you brought that was good, and vice versa....
Take care,

Stefny
Unread 09-06-2002, 09:31 PM
So glad I found you all!

Good luck to you Sassy, I too am having mine on 9/26/02. Like you I have lists of stuff to do at home and the office. My boss also requested I come back to work 2 wks post-op. He even offered to have some one drive me back & forth from work. I think he just doesn't want to pay the disability. I told him I would wait and see how I feel.
Unread 09-07-2002, 06:10 AM
Thanks for all the support Sisters.

Yes, I am organized right now. But I am a chronic worrier, so I am sure I won't feel that way as the days countdown.

Last night I had my Son (12 year old) helping me in the Kitchen so he would know where everything was. You know how men are, open the door to the fridge and say, I don't see it and not move a single thing. My DH was teasing him about being his "Wife" for the 3 days I will be in the Hospital. He was a panic monster. HE looked at me with this panic stricken face saying, "Mom, I can't do everything you do." I whispered to him, its okay, I am sure you all will be eating Mickey D's for the first 3 days. His smile assured me he was okay.

Our Dog is the next worry to tackle, but I will think of something.

Can you all tell I am a total "Control Freak"?

Cocoa Belle, Don't let your Boss guilt you into anything. I had a boss just like that when I was in the work force (one reason I went to work for myself) and you pay in the long run. Your inbox isn't going anywhere and it will be there a lot longer if you don't take care of yourself.

Stefny, we are more than Hyster and Southern Sisters, we are island sisters. I was born and raised in Key West. Most of my family still live there.

Thanks again and I will still be glued (Super Glued). <Sassy Thinking> Wonder if I can sneak my puter into the Castle without the gate guards seeing me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register