Depression(venting) - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depression(venting) Depression(venting)

Unread 10-30-2002, 11:29 AM
Depression(venting)

I understand where you are coming from and kudos to you for doing something about it. I could have written that post five months ago, and the truth is my hyst is the best thing that i have ever done (6-5-02) I felt better in the hospital and it has gotten better every day since. Yes, I was tired and sore but that passed and life is wonderful again. Hold on just a little bit longer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2002, 12:08 PM
I kinda have the same thing

I understand fully what you ladies are, and where going through....I have been on one hell of a rollercoaster ride since June of this year....My surgery is finally coming up on Monday.....My situation is a little different though.......I have pre-cancerous cells contained in my cervix.....I actually began going to the dr's because I felt very unhappy, tired, and just not like myself at all....I've had all the blood work and tests, and there is nothing wrong with me that should really cause me to feel this way......Then the test results came back from my first papsmear and the rest is history.....Unlike most of the women here, I am in no pain, periods are not bad at all, and I am pre-menopausal and never had a hotflash or night sweat.....The only thing pointing to menopause is periods that are alittle off timing now,and my age.....So in other words, most ladies are happy to have the surgery because they know they will be out of pain and be able to get back to a normal self......I have been feeling depressed before I even knew I had cervial precancer.....There really arent any symptoms for precancer that I know of,,,,,,I do wonder though if it was my bodies way of telling me that something was wrong, and get yourself to the dr!!!.......
You ladies will be just fine once the surgery is done and your on the road to recovery.....The physical pain that you are going through has to be just horrible, and I can fully understand why you feel so depressed......Good luck to all of you, and I will glad to say "hi from the other side!
Ronnie.
TAH/BSO 11/4
Unread 10-30-2002, 12:38 PM
I know

I am so glad I read your thread, until now I just didnt know why I wanted to sleep all the time, I mean to tell you, their are days I just stay in bed until its time to cook dinner, then im back in it, I dont have the energy for anything, all I can hope is that it will get better after Nov 8 , im just so tired of being tired, I get so depressed ill shut myself in my room and just cry, for know reason at all, im on anti depressents but they arent working, so I guess well see what happens thanks for your thread it helps to know that Im not the only one,

Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2002, 05:38 AM
A new day

Yes, yesterday was difficult....but today is looking much better. I forced my body to go through the motions last night until my mind followed. I knew I was having trouble and shared that with the family. We ate dinner with Vonda Shepard and Carol King playing. We decided to watch a movie together. Once it was over the kids were set for bed and then DH and I sat by the fire having a couple glasses of wine and just talked. It was nice to just throttle down and settle in. This morning I'm feeling clearer about the goal line. I really need to thank all of you for yesterday. For the sharing and the advice. Now I know those lonely times need not be so lonely.

Making a good day....
Theresa
Unread 10-31-2002, 11:00 AM
Theresa

I'm so glad that your feeling better today....It sounds like you have a wonderful and supportive family....Keeping the lines of communication open with your hubby is very important...You might be the one going through the physical stuff here, but he is going through his own anguish too....I know my boyfriend has been right there on my rollercoaster with me the whole time.....This hasn't been easy on him either.....He is very supportive, but from time to time I can see the frustration on his face.....
Anyway, I am glad you are in foward motion now......Things will all fall into place soon, and you will be better then ever!!!
Ronnie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register