Difference in recovery from C-section - hyst | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Difference in recovery from C-section - hyst Difference in recovery from C-section - hyst

Unread 10-31-2002, 03:58 PM
Difference in recovery from C-section - hyst

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this site and so far think its great! I just found out last night about this and have a few questions. I've had 3 c-sections and I was wondering if the recovery from this surgery is worse or easier than c-sections. Everything that I'm reading on here suggests that you really have to take it easy for the 4-6 weeks. After my 2nd section I was up & taking care of the kids after I got out of the hospital. Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2002, 04:17 PM
Difference in recovery from C-section - hyst

I have had 2 c-sections, in 1980 and 1984, when I was in my 20's. I had the old way done; up and down scar on my abdomen. So when I needed to have my TAH in Aug of this year, I was nervous and afraid of that pain too. The doc wanted to go over the old scar and I actually thought it may be better to go bikini cut. I was so afraid of that old scar tissue and the possibility of making that area worse. Well, I listened to my doc and had him cut on the old scar and it was just fine. I was actually quite surpirised! I recalled that pain from the abd. surgeries of past, but it was ok. The one thing I made myself do after one day post op, was move, move, and move even more. I wouldn't let anyone help me up from bed. It hurt for that first time or to, but actually got better every time I moved. I still have some tender areas to the touch around the incision line(from previous scar tissue), but it lessens with each passing week. It isn't bad, really. Good luck to you.
Eileen
TAH with removal of appendix, cervix, fallopian tubes and right ovary. Kept the left one so as not to deal with HRT. Have h/o severe endo and adenomyosis.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register