for everyone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
for everyone

I've been home a week now. I feel much better then when this all started. I hope that helps in some small way, all you sisters in waiting.

As with most of you I had a lot of pain and problems with my period (okay I'm under stateing). At no time did I feel this was a bad discission for me to make. At no time during the last week have I regretted my discission.

Everything went just as I was told it would at the castle. The Nurses and Dr kept me very informed every step of the way, so it kept me very relaxed. It helped greatly that I knew most of the people caring for me (I work in the hospital). Many were shocked at how well I handled things, how calm and relaxed I was during all this (blood preasure held normal through it all).

My secret to how well I handled it....empowerment. Each of you can do just as well. Learn everything you can about your problem. Learn all your choices. Choose what is best for you. Then pick a DR you trust. Draw on your spiritual abilities. I used meditation and visiualization to help me (there are many ways that can help). This gives you the control. Don't allow yourself to become overwelmed with grief, accept it, (it is okay to cry) then move forward.

There are aspect to our illnesses we can't control, and there are some we can. Take control of those things you can, and accept the things you can't change.

Yes I'm in pain, but each day I get better. It lessens and I'm able to do more and more. Occassionally I do a little more then I should and I take a step back and take care of myself. I'm using my support group (DH, daughter, son, and friends). I try never to say no when someone ask to help (loved one want to be a part of our recovery). And I make sure to THANK everyone for there help. My DH would tell you this is hard for me to allow others to help me, because I'm the one always nurturing and caring for others. But there comes a time for all of us to sit back and allow others to do for us.

So....to each of my sisters who went before me THANK YOU for your wonderful advise and love. To my sisters who are waiting, I wish you the best. Through each of you I found comfort knowing there were others who knew what I was going through. Take care and lots of HUGS.

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
for everyone

That was beautiful and so helpful. Thank you so much. Take care and get better.
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:41 PM
for everyone

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful letter to us. Very thoughtful indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
for everyone

oh my goodness, that was the most beautiful letter i've ever read. You really touched me, you are one strong woman, i want to be just like that.. lol ... i'am so afraid of pain and here i go, 6 more days. ok take care have a speedy recovery. mayra
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
for everyone

Thank you. I felt like you were speaking directly to me. Your words brought tears to my eyes. (good tears.) I think this will be the last post I read tonight. It gave me peace and maybe I will be able to sleep better tonight.

Again, thank you.
Unread 05-17-2006, 11:23 PM
for everyone

Thanks for your honesty and beautiful words of encouragement, much success on your continued path of healing. Peace and Blessings
Unread 05-18-2006, 12:42 AM
for everyone

Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so glad you also stressed the importance of empowerment and knowledge. Your posts surely helps those of us headed up this road!
Unread 05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
for everyone

Thank you, that was lovely and calming
Unread 05-18-2006, 03:31 AM
for everyone

Hi Susan

Very nice. .You are an
Unread 05-18-2006, 05:26 AM
for everyone

Thank You, you are an inspriation. I am preparing to use meditation and guided imagery for my journey through this as well, it gives me such comfort knowing it worked so well for you.

Bravo to you for having such a great spirit and reminding us all how we can handle this without loosing it. Thank You.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register