Just Curious about fibroid/tumor sizes - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Curious about fibroid/tumor sizes Just Curious about fibroid/tumor sizes

Unread 01-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Re: Just Curious about fibroid/tumor sizes

I can't recall the measurements, but the fibroid and uterus weighed eight pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM

I had multiple fibroids, don't know how big they all were. Gyn told me my uterus was the size of a 22 wk pregnancy and weighed 1,030 grams. I go for post op checkup next week, I'll try to remember to ask for more details. I do know my tummy is much flatter now!
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:31 PM

I had one the size of a softball, 3 like baseballs and a cluster of about 20 that look like testicles (they really do, lol). Pretty freaky looking over all.

ETA: My bladder is also much happier. I haven't had any leakage since the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:11 PM

My biggest was 14 cm x 9 cm and was sitting on the top of my uterus...doctor had to remove that one before he could start the actual hysterectomy. My uterus was also fiboided but not sure on the specifics.
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM

My largest was 8.6 cm x 7 cm, by 7 cm. About the size of an orange. My uterus was so large the Doctors thought I was pregnant and had 3 pregnancy tests done.
Had Uterus only removed.
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:50 AM

My last CT measurement had my uterus at 14.9 x 23.5 x 22.3 cm and there was a large dominant mass of 20 x 11 which I assume was the largest fibroid of the bunch. I had a 6 mos uterus - should be the size of a pear and mine was the size of a "basketball". I did not ask for "after" measurements. I was told it was the talk of the ob/gyn group at the hospital as many had never seen a fibroid as big as my largest and that was renpough for me. It was also noted that it had started to die and had been even larger at that point.

When I do something it seems I always have to excel....
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Just had 4 week follow-up, got my report...Here are some of the highlights:

"..an exceedingly large and lumpy uterus weighing 1030g and measuring 18.5cm in length including the cervix, 12.0 cm in width at the fundus and 9.0cm in thickness at the fundus."
"... The normal contour of the uterus is obscured by innumberable bulging subserosal fibroids..."
"The largest fibroid is within the fundus and measures 12.0cm in diameter."
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:39 AM

My fibroids were 10 cm x 7cm and growing about 3cm per year. My uterus was the size of an 18 week pregnancy and once they were removed I was 3kgs lighter! A drastic way to loose weight .....

--------------------------------------------------
Michelle
TAH 30 Nov, 2010
Unread 01-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Mine was the size of a basketball. My doctors said I was 7 1/2 to 8 months pregnant. I have pics of my stomach before the surgery and my doctor took pics of the fibroid inside of my uterus. HUGE is all I will say. My back and my bladder are grateful!!!
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM

Mine was about the size of a baseball on my left ovary. never felt it so didn't know how long I actually had it. It was in a location that was hard to identify and diagnose.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register