Surgery in less than 34 hours and no ins!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in less than 34 hours and no ins!! Surgery in less than 34 hours and no ins!!

Unread 07-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Surgery in less than 34 hours and no ins!!

Can you believe it? On Thursday morning I'm scheduled for surgery and insurance still hasn't authorized it. They need more proof!! UGH!! My wonderful doctor has been on vacation for 3 weeks, got back to the office today, and needs to submit more info. The insurance girl is pretty sure everything will still happen - but what do I do in the meantime, but panic!! I'm so looking forward to this finally being over and I'm trying to stay hopeful - but it's not working!!

Saw my doc today for a pre-op and found out I get an epidural instead of general - hooray!! He prefers epidurals too. Did not want general after bad experience with myomectomy years ago. The right ovary is fine but the left has large cyst and not sure if he can save it. He'll try. And Aunt Flo is going bye-bye!! That's the best news ever. I'm tired of dealing with 20 days of her business every month. The doc's also going to remove some of my excess tummy while he's doing it - his suggestion - but I'm allllllllll for it!! Also cauterizing a few big moles I have on my chest - what a doc!! I think I'm in love!!!

In the meantime my kitchen is torn apart because it was my idea to have a new kitchen installed while I was off - boy, what a mess!!

Thanks to all you wonderful ladies for being here. It's a real blessing to know you're all there and ready to help us ladies in waiting!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 11:32 PM

Don't blame you. I would be in a panic to. But if doc gives them all the info needed, they should be able to tell him over the phone about approval. And you said the insurance girl seems pretty sure everything will go as planned. Hope for the best!
Let us know how things go. Hugs, Trina
Unread 07-07-2004, 07:33 AM

OK, first of all - take a deep breath and try to stay calm ( hard, I know ).

Maybe to be reassured, you could call the dr or insurance co and check to see how everything is progressing. I have my fingers crossed and am saying a prayer that everything will work out for you.

It does sound like your dr is doing "the works" on you.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register