My doc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
My doc

I ran into my doctor today when I went to vistit my sister and her new baby .
He stopped me in the hall and said he had been thinking about my surgery all weekend and was going to call me.
Let me tell you my doc was on his way out of the hospital sat down and talked to me for a full 20 minutes!!! He gave me a new pain script, and went over all the options we have since we had to move it up from Sept to ASAP. He even said that he refused to make me wait because he knows how much pain I must be in by the size of the ovary.
This doctor is the best. He is the onlyone who did not say it was all in my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2004, 06:05 PM
My doc

Sounds like a keeper. I have always loved the doctors that take the extra time and go out of the way to make you feel important. I have always felt lucky that we have this in my obgyn and our primary care drs. Good luck!
Unread 07-12-2004, 07:22 PM
My doc

Gosh, doesn't that kind of attention from your Dr. make you feel great, like you are truly worthy of his time and attention- which we ALL are, but so seldom get. I love my Dr. too- he takes plenty of time with me and he makes me laugh ever time I see him- he tells the goofiest jokes! And, he always remembers personal things in my life and brings them up, so I KNOW he's listening to me and really cares. I wish everyone had great Docs like we do! Good Luck with your surgery. I know you'll do great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
My doc

That is great!! He sounds compassionate like my doc!! YAH for A GOOD DOC!!
Unread 07-12-2004, 10:08 PM
My doc

Yes....I had the best!! Cannot say enough about my Dr.

He is in his late 30's and one "hot shot" laparoscopic Dr. He is on the Board of Directors of the outpatient facility where I had my surgery.

Most importantly...he listened when I cried. He answered all my questions and gave me his time. He always made me feel like everything would be okay. And he stayed commited to my LSH.

Wow... he is DR. OF THE CENTURY in my book!!
Unread 07-12-2004, 10:54 PM
My doc

Wow! How wonderful to have such a caring and compassionate doctor. I'm glad he realized that you are in so much pain and moved your surgery to an earlier date. You are very blessed to have found such a terrific doctor.~Moonchime
Unread 07-13-2004, 05:59 AM
My doc

I am happy to hear there are other compassionate doctors out there. Some are just so stern and cold that it makes you more scared to believe them. My doctor is wonderful even after I scared him half to death passing out in his office and not breathing from the extensive loss of of blood. He followed me to the emergecy room and left all his other patients. he listens to me and tells me everything straight to the point and give you every option that is possible.

Hope everyone can enjoy their doctors as much as I have.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register