Hospital on Thursday for pre-testing.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hospital on Thursday for pre-testing.. Hospital on Thursday for pre-testing..

Unread 11-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Hospital on Thursday for pre-testing..

Is there any-thing I should be asking..I know they will do blood work, ekg and chest x=ray. I will also be talking to person who will knock me out.!!!!
I am geting a little nervous. Scheduled for Dec. 8th. I have a room set up, and house cleaned, meals prepared for two weeks. Evening only. I just am glad there are people out there who understand what I am going threw. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2005, 04:06 PM

Sure, there's lots of things you should ask. But I don't know what you've already talked about so it's hard to say what else to ask. They will already know what tests to run based on your doctor's orders. Just make sure you know what procedure they're doing, what you're getting for anesthesia and what they're doing for pain management afterwards. You should have already discussed most of this with your doctor.

As you think of things write them down. That's what I did. And when I had my pre-op with my doctor and the surgical nurse they patiently answered all my questions in detail. I brought a notebook and pen so I wouldn't forget what to ask and I could write everything down. They were totally awesome.
Unread 11-25-2005, 04:18 PM

Hi 1948 Classic, there is a very helpful check-list on the site called "Questions for your Pre-Op Appointment" just click on the pre-op tag at the top of the page and you'll find it. It was a very helpful starting point for me to gather my thoughts for the pre-op. Good luck with everything x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2005, 04:49 PM

HI 1948classic,
That's My Scheduled day too........and i Have my pre op with Dr and Hospital the 5th.....and Yes, they will have to do all the Yukky stuff...I hate it, but If it help's all the pain i am in..i will Jump for joy lol.......I am a little bit overwhelmed..DH is down in his back..and i told him today..i'll be taking care of both of us lol...........he is really good to me and our son...so, a little laughter help's the spirit I say....I keep telling my self that..So.. I wish U the Best.. I see you are from Ohio.. I was born there... But live In WV..........Good Luck to ya!!! form One Hyster sister to another @--))---
Unread 11-25-2005, 06:56 PM

I too am having my pre op this week (Dec.1 ). My TAH is scheduled for Dec.5 . I am starting to get really nervous, can't sleep and I feel like crying all the time, although I'm doing a great job of hiding it from everyone. Thank God for this board and all of you ladies, after I read a few threads I calm down a bit.
Unread 11-25-2005, 08:36 PM

hi I have my preop Monday 28th with surgery dec1. Not too nervous now, but hate needles so sure will be 28and 1st. anyway am telling myself going to be the best thing, going to heal great, and going to feel like a new woman and that I have a year to get my 40lbs off ( yes after I am healed and stuff) and will great my 50th bday with a bang! it is new years eve 2006!!! lol
Unread 11-26-2005, 03:56 AM
Thanks for replying.

I have already went to the doctor, a week ago. Now I need to get the test run. Nothing is ever easy when it comes to surgery. I will be glad when this whole thing is over. Thanks gain.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by swank
Sure, there's lots of things you should ask. But I don't know what you've already talked about so it's hard to say what else to ask. They will already know what tests to run based on your doctor's orders. Just make sure you know what procedure they're doing, what you're getting for anesthesia and what they're doing for pain management afterwards. You should have already discussed most of this with your doctor.

As you think of things write them down. That's what I did. And when I had my pre-op with my doctor and the surgical nurse they patiently answered all my questions in detail. I brought a notebook and pen so I wouldn't forget what to ask and I could write everything down. They were totally awesome.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register