4 wks and one day post op hysterectomy: some spotting and mild cramping, Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks and one day post op hysterectomy: some spotting and mild cramping, Is this normal? 4 wks and one day post op hysterectomy: some spotting and mild cramping, Is this normal?

Unread 06-21-2014, 07:02 PM
4 wks and one day post op hysterectomy: some spotting and mild cramping, Is this normal?

Hi everyone. I'm feeling a bit discouraged today. Not sure if I should be or not. I've never had surgery, so not sure if I'm progressing as I should. First week I spotted a bit, then from day 8-18 or 19 I had nothing. No spotting. It started again around day 19-20. It is very light, ranging from pink tinged to slightly brown, and may not always show on a pad, just when I've wiped after urinating. This is still happening today. I also tried to walk 7 blocks away, and then back again on the 21 day, which left me mildly crampy that evening, but lots of pelvic pain the next day. Took about 2 days to ease up completely. So now, I am taking it easier. I am finding I am doing a bit more every day, and fatigue is getting better, but I still get minor cramping if my body thinks I've done too much lol! So can you ladies tell me is this par for the course? Next week I will call my gyne to make the required appointment as 6 or 8 wks as he requested. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Re: 4 wks and one day post op.

Hi I had my TLVH on the 23rd so I am at 4 weeks as well. I still have pink spotting especially if I do too much. I have more days were I feel pretty good then I overdo it and I feel wiped out for a day or two. Like today I stayed inside and rested because the past three days I cleaned, walked more, just did more in general but yesterday started to feel very dizzy and bad. Listen to your body and slow down if need be. I am trying to learn that as well.
Unread 06-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Re: 4 wks and one day post op.

Thanks! That does make me feel better. Sounds like we are at the same progress point.
Wilma.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register