14 weeks post hysterectomy and i have a few questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 weeks post hysterectomy and i have a few questions 14 weeks post hysterectomy and i have a few questions

Unread 12-18-2014, 02:32 PM
14 weeks post hysterectomy and i have a few questions

I had a bladder sling at the same time as my hysterectomy. For about the last month I have been having really bad lower back pain. I went to the dr and he put me on anitbiotics for a bladder infection, it helped for about a week and it is back to hurting. Has anyone had this kind of issue with the bladder slings?
My other question is, Since I have had my hysterectomy I have noticed some changes in the intamacy department. It seems to be harder to get wet. The desire is there but it just seems to take longer and the wetness is just not there. Does that come back with time or is that just one of the side affects?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Re: 14 weeks post op and i have a few questions

Hi there, I didn't get a bladder sling but at times I find I get pain in my lower back that I never used to have. I think everything inside it trying settle in their new place.

As far as sex goes I have been using lube, I'm definitely not as wet as before. Some days are better than others, but definitely different. All I have left are my ovaries.
Unread 12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Re: 14 weeks post op and i have a few questions

I know very little about bladder slings, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along and answer. Did you keep one or both ovaries? If so they may not be working full force yet. If not then you may need vaginal estrogen. It helps prevent vaginal dryness (which can feel an awful lot like a UTI) which can progress to thinning of vaginal tissues (vaginal atrophy). This is definitely something you should talk to your doctor about, and if you are having sex before then, make sure to use lots of lubricant even if you never have before, else you may be risking a tear or serious irritation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register