I don't understand | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't understand I don't understand

Unread 05-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't understand

I went to my "preop" appt. today but I was sick when I left.
The nurse said this is your follow up appt from your d&C right?
and I said no I already had that it is my preop. She looked at me funny and I said that my surgery date is the 3rd.
Then she told me that my Dr is not here and I would see the "top Dr on the team. I was taken into the office and He was there and said that there was NO APPT FOR SURGERY SCHEDULED! I almost passed out! Then he took me to the 'Office Manager" she said that there was not any appt for me until my Dr came back mid to late July! I said you don't understand I care for my Aunts and one of them has Alzheimers and that my step daughter had to have 3 weeks notice for time off to take care of her while I was in hosp and that she would not be allowed to do this again. They said that I could have the "top dr" on the 23rd or maybe another Dr on the 7th. That one would help because of the work thing but I do not even know him and I like my Dr. she is the one who really made me feel safe. I am worried about her because they could not tell me what was wrong of course but he did say that they did not expect this at all.
What do I do now? My best friend even has taken the day off and she will not be able to take the 7th off.
I would just like to know why this happened. I am sorry for being such a downer but it seems like my life has been nothing but one hardship after another and I just keep on going but this seemed to knock me right down. I even came home and went to bed which I can never remember doing in the middle of the day without being sick with a fever and then not long.
I have never been so hit with something as I have with this.
what do I do now?
Dessie
(Lori)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2004, 08:20 PM
what a terrible day!

Oh, I feel so bad for you. What a terrible disappoint and mistake they all made.

Are they going to call you back or what?

It sounds like either a huge mistake, or something is happening that you don't know about that is personal for the doctor.

I can't give you any advice. I do know that there are respite care people that might be able to help with your aunt with alzheimer's whenever you go in. I know it is hard because so many people count on you.

Ask for help when you need it. People will come through for you. Ask at a church, even if you don't go to one. Ask at the social services office, they might help find help for you.

Things stink now, but you will figure it all out, just give yourself time to feel angry and irritated and whatever else you need first.

I will be thinking of you.
Unread 05-26-2004, 10:33 PM
I don't understand

(((Lori))) I am so sorry for what you are going through! I can't imagine what went wrong! I agree with PraireLakeLady, it does sound like someone made a mistake in telling you that you were scheduled....or that your doctor may be out for personal/unexpected reasons. It does seem odd that they didn't have you scheduled to be seen....yet you obviously had been told your surgery date! Sounds like a communication problem on their part!!! I know it is stressful right now for you....just when it seemed you had everyone rearranging schedules to help out during this time, it all changes. I am so sorry you are having this added stress at a time when you were already stressed enough!!! I hope it all works out and that you are able to get it scheduled for a time when you can have the help for you and your Aunts! *Definately take the advise to try and call Respite Care for them!!!!*

Let us know how the arrangements go!!! Also, WHEN you do get a new surgery date, please be sure to go to your CONTROL PANEL and edit your profile to show new surgery date so we can be sure and include you in the BEST WISHES from the Hostess Team!!! This also helps us know how far PRE/POST Op you are!!!

's,
Ronda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register