0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

Unread 12-22-2002, 05:30 PM
0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

i will be sooo glad when all of this is behind me. i go from wanting to get it done tomorow to saying no i think i'll wait awhile. last month i had 2 lovely periods.. this month.. nothing..i'm having serious mood swings and crying spells but no bleeding yet.have never missed a period except when i was preg.. wouldn't that be a blip!!!!! but had that snipped and clipped along time ago. my mom says its just nerves because i am really anxious and now they tell me i've got to quit smoking which is really excellent but, being able to do it is another thing i try but get soo edgy and nervous.my poor kids think i've finally lost it and hubby just stays clear. i am so tired of feeling like the grim reeper and so anal all the time but i am just so tired of being tired and i'm tired of hurting and not feeling good, i go to my hemotologist tomorrow i hope he don't give me a hard time i might just lose it if he does!!!!! after my visit with him its back to the gyn to discuss when this is gonna happen.. so please sisters.. pray for me and especially my darling family as they are really dealin with the devil right now!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2002, 05:39 PM
0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

Dear Angelwings,
We probably have all gone through these same emotions somewhere along our journey to surgery. No matter how eager I was to have it done and over, it does not mean that I wasn't nervous and out of my mind the day before. I just couldn't get through the waiting fast enough. Remember these famous words from all the Princesses who have walked in your shoes...
"waiting truly is the hardest part." We're talking quality of life and once you are on the other side of this surgery, you will be glad it was done. As for quitting smoking, that's probably going to be even harder, so I've heard.

Blessings,
TC
:hiya:
Unread 12-22-2002, 07:19 PM
0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

s, Angelwings!

Having this surgery wasn't easy for any of us but we came through it and so will you! You're stronger than you think you are, and you can do this. You can quit smoking, too. Others have done it, and so can you. You probably won't even want to smoke after you get out of the hospital, and then, once you're home, why go back to it? You'll be on the road to recovery and a much better quality of life so you might want to "go for it" and become smoke-free at the same time. Whenever you do it, being smoke-free will be great for your body - and for your family, too.

I hope you get a surgery date soon, and that all goes very well for you. Glad you found this site.

~Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2002, 07:39 PM
You can do it

I am now 5 days post and you can quit. I decided to quit smoking when I had surgery since i was afraid of coughing and I could not smoke 24 hours prior to surgery so I quit smoking Sunday 12-15 Surgery was 12-17 and I have not wanted a cigarette ,craved or been cranky its really wierd who would have thought I smoked alot and for years and here I am not a care in the world about smoking... I can say I have been a non smoker for 1 week .. you can do it..I have no withdrawl sysmtoms and I have actually lost some weight becuase I dont feel like eating much from the General.... Good Luck and you can do it......
Kim
Unread 12-22-2002, 07:58 PM
0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

Hi Angelwings,

You are definitely not alone sweetie. We've all been there. My hubby was just telling me (as diplomatically as possible) how hard I've been to live with lately. I know! I just can't help it. Like you, I've had crying spells that come from nowhere. I get angry more than usual and I run around like an idiot trying to get everything done before my castle date. I've been trying to quit smoking too but with the stress of the holidays and the surgery so quickly approaching, I'm sorry to say I'm not having much luck. We all have those mixed feelings about the surgery. Some days you can't wait for the surgery. Other days, you are questioning whether you want to do it at all. All those feelings and emotions and completely normal. I do have some really good days (especially since the Christmas shopping and wrapping are done.) Funny, but I've found the closer I get to my date, the more ok I am with the whole thing. I finally realized that I don't have to be wonder woman. My family is going to be just fine while I'm recovering. I was the only one that ever doubted it. Don't be fooled by the old behaving uterus trick. The periods are guaranteed to come back with a vengence.
Hang in there. We're all here for you.

Unread 12-23-2002, 07:23 AM
thanks so much

i know you all are right but i guess its just the nerves and anxiety creeping up on me,plus i have been the sole care provider for my entire family even though i know they are capable i feel its my duty... lol... yea i know things will be ok and i will do just fine i'm just stressed over the holidays and awaiting a date i'm afraid something is going to really go wrong, i have had 2 surgeries before a c section as well as a spleenectomy when i was 12 and i guess i remember the worst parts of the surgery more so than the benefits.. just really wish it was over....but i do appreciate everything i have learned here on this site as well as everything you great sisters have done and said to me.. it does help alot.... thanks... :hoho: i hope you all have a great christmas holiday and an even better new year

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register