One Year Anniversary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Year Anniversary One Year Anniversary

Unread 02-06-2002, 01:24 PM
One Year Anniversary

Hello – tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my TVH and I wanted to share some thoughts of the past year. I have not been on the Hystersisters website in a long time, even though this time last year I lived on these boards. The reason is simple – I do not have to focus on my health anymore, I am enjoying my life instead.

I spent 2 ½ years going through different doctors, tests, ultrasounds, blood work, surgeries, etc. before saying “enough is enough” and scheduling the hysterectomy. Up to the time they knocked me out I was wondering if it was the right thing to do, especially at my age (33 then). Let me tell you, it has been a God-send. I felt better an hour after my surgery (I kid you not) then I had for two years, there were no complications – there is a recovery period – you need to take it easy and pamper yourself – but my moods are level, no PMS (I do have my ovaries) and sex is good and not painful for a change. I truly feel like a new woman.

I understand the personal nature of this decision, but I wanted to share a positive experience, since so much of what you read about hysters is negative. One thing to think about is that even with extensive testing my DR did not realize the full size of the fibroid (12 week pregnancy size) or that I had “extensive adenomyosis” until the uterus was out – so if I had opted for the fibroid removal they might not have been able to get it all and if they did, I would probably still have had pain and abnormal bleeding.

Those Sisters needing to make a decision I wish you hope and courage – those newly recovering and getting ready for surgery I wish you a wonderful recovery!

Pamela
TVH 2/7/01

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 04:32 PM
One Year Anniversary

Thanks for sharing your positive experience, Pamela. I'm glad you're doing so well a year after your surgery.

Helen
Unread 02-17-2002, 12:31 PM
One Year Anniversary

I can only agree with pja.

Accepting the need for a TVH in my case was the hardest possible decision. I am now 12 weeks post op and feel wonderful. There is recovery time of course but all those endless worries about fluctuating hormones, bladder and bowel problems, loss of sex drive, no lubrication etc. etc. have all been totally unfounded. It was the right (and best) decision for me.

The freedom it gives you is remarkable - no checking calendar dates, no carrying tampons and towels 'just in case', no PMT. The list goes on and on.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ann P.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register