TLH turning into TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TLH turning into TAH TLH turning into TAH

Unread 10-17-2002, 09:50 PM
TLH turning into TAH

I just found out that I've got to have a TLH which is sheduled for Nov. 19. The doctor says that it might have to do it TAH instead. Has anyone went in for a TLH but received the TAH instead. They are suppose to leave the ovaries. What is the recovery time if its done TLH?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2002, 10:40 PM
TLH turning into TAH

Hi Belle

Is it a TVH, not TLH? You're talking about a vaginal hyst versus abdominal, right? It wasn't possible for me to have a TVH, but I can tell you that typical recovery time for both is roughly 6-8 weeks (some ladies heal sooner, some later). The only difference is that the TVH gals don't have an incision, but there are still hundreds of internal stitches that need to heal.

Hope this helps!

s
Unread 10-17-2002, 11:04 PM
TLH turning into TAH

Its a LTAV (lab total abdomal hyster)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2002, 06:54 AM
TLH turning into TAH

I am scheduled for a TVH/BSO and my DR also said that if he can't get everything that way he may have to do the TAH. From all the research I have done and reading on this site it seems like both require alot of healing time but with the TVH there is no incision to heal. I wonder too if anyone else has gone in for a TVH and ended up with a TAH.
Unread 10-18-2002, 10:32 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Belle! Welcome to HysterSisters--the best place for support and info! Hopefully, your dr will be able to do either a vag hyst or laparoscopic hyst, but if there are problems, you want him/her to be able to take a good look and fix everything correctly--so don't be too upset if they have to make a belly incision. That's not too uncommon and I've read other women's stories where that happened. Here is a link to one doctor's expectations for recovery from hyst, and he expects those with vag hyst to recover a little more quickly. http://www.wdxcyber.com/nbleed13.htm But you will need to ask your own dr for his instructions and recommendation on when you can return to work.

If you haven't read the stories and helpful hints for Ladies in Waiting, click on the HysterSisters logo in the upper left corner and scroll down to find the pull-down menus. Read as much as you can and ask any questions you think of--it will really help you feel more prepared for your surgery and recovery. We'll be here to support you on this journey! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 10-18-2002, 12:07 PM
TLH turning into TAH

I was scheduled for a LAVH, but ended up with a TAH. I knew there was a possibility of that, but the doctor sounded pretty sure he could do it lly, even though, my uterus was the size of a 20 wk preg. In the OR, he decided to do the TAH, so I woke up with an incision and more of a recovery than I had anticipated. I guess it is better to be prepared for the TAH and maybe not have it.
My worst day was the day I came home from the hospital, day 4. I felt a real turning point for the better on day 9 and continue to feel better each day. I am 4 1/2 weeks now and doing good. Just started driving this week, so I'm glad to be a little independent now.

Diane Lee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register