Less than 24 hrs to go | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than 24 hrs to go Less than 24 hrs to go

Unread 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Less than 24 hrs to go

My DH and I are finishing up the housework we want to get done, before heading out at the crack of dawn tomorrow. We live a half mile from the hospital and will take a cab over. I have to be in by six. Bowel prep has been fine, other than the actual drinking of the stuff. Single-dose phosphate is sodium based and was like drinking salt water. Things moved a bit then stopped. I got so alarmed I called the Dr. and had the answering service page her. She said that it is a very mild solution so if I am not "emptied out" it's fine. They don't need you to be cleaned out like they used to in the old days, especially with da Vinci. I have a very large fibroid, and we don't think there is anything more going on. I'm a bit nervous and have my moments, such as when DH made the comment that he didn't know what he would do if there were complications. We both have a very dark sense of humor, but tonight it upset me. He felt so bad.

Sheets are in the dryer and the couch is ready for lounging as is the bedroom. Even the cat has been prepped. Looking forward to being on the other side. I'm most anxious about anesthesia and the fun after-effects of surgery. I have never had anything worse than a simple fracture.

Sending warm thoughts and wishes for uneventful recoveries to all who are waiting. I doubt I will sleep much. Off to order some sandwiches for a quick pick up dinner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Re: Less than 24 hrs to go

Good luck with your surgery.

We will he waiting for you on the other side.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 01-05-2012, 01:16 AM

Best of luck to you!! I am 6 weeks post op and I feel amazing! Better than I have in 12 years! I had a few bumps in the road after surgery because I felt so great post-op that I started doing too much too soon. So please just rest, rest, rest after surgery and hopefully things will go very well.

I love how you prepped your kitty. Too cute! I bet that he or she will know exactly how to behave afterwards. Mine always kneads on my belly and after surgery he would lay on the bed by me and knead on a blanket close to my arm as if he knew he wasn't alowed to walk on me. LOL!

Have an amazing journey and just know that your pain will be over with sooner than you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:59 AM

Wishing you a successful and uneventful surgery and "see you" when you get back. Don't be afraid to communicate how you are feeling to the hospital staff and take comfort from the fact that pain management these days is amazing - I was not in anything other than a mild discomfort, even straight after the surgery.

Big hugs xx
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Good luck!! Let us know how you are doing after!! =)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register