Scheduled TAH Please help me with info on what to expect after my hysterectomy - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help me with info on what to expect after my hysterectomy Please help me with info on what to expect after my hysterectomy

Unread 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Re: Please help me with info on what to expect after my hysterectomy

I had a TAH five and a half weeks ago. The pain management in the hospital was great, and I have not needed any pain medication for nearly 4 weeks, except the occasional Aleve if I've been on my feet too much. I have been pretty active all along, but have been careful to avoid heavy lifting until I'm sure the healing is complete inside.

Even though I still have some swelling in my belly, I am so much smaller now that I feel much sexier. My DH thinks so, too! Haven't been cleared for sex yet, so I can't comment on that, either.

Each person will have a different recovery, but if you are in a great deal of pain now, it sounds like the pain of recovery may just be different, but not necessarily worse.

I wish you well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Re: Please help me with info on what to expect after my hysterectomy

My DH has told me several times that he feels no difference whatsoever with sex. He cannot tell that my cervix is gone. I notice no difference in lubrication post op. Whether you feel different as a woman all depends on you and how you see yourself and your fertility. I personally am struggling with it. I am aware all the time that my uterus is gone and it makes me sad. I liked being fertile, it made me feel sexy and womanly. But that's me and my personal stuff. We all work through this in our own ways. If your surgery is for heavy bleeding and pain, then you may likely feel sexier after surgery! And then the freedom that comes with not waiting for the bleeding to stop can be very liberating.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register