TVH Cry day | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Cry day

Well, today was a cry day for me. How long until the HRT kicks in? I know I just started it yesterday, so ladies tell me, about a week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Re: Cry day

I can't answer your question but wanted to offer you

I understand the cry days and all the hugs you can get help sometimes.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM

I'm sorry that today has been a cry day for you. It took about a month or so for my hormones to level out...probably not what you want to hear, but it will take time. in there and buy some lotion tissue for the rough days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM

Today has been a cry day for me too!!! I started Estradiol last week and I feel like it is starting to work. I still have some hot flashes but they only last a minute or so and are mostly at night. Definitely not as bad as right after surgery. I started on Zoloft in August after I had to have my last tube removed and they upped my dose on that also because I have been so emotional lately. I am a very happy person but everything I've been through the past 6 months (two surgeries) is taking a toll on me.
If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. I am too going through a lot of emotions! Just know you are not alone!!
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM

I had a cry day yesterday! I go to the doctor tomorrow, I kept my ovaries so not sure if they are working or not I feel down and out last week now. I know how you feel. I am sending you hugs and Hope thing level out for you soon.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Sending you sister.

Pebbles7998, yes even with ovaries they can shut down for a bit after surgery and cause the same thing.
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM

My doc said it could take up to three months for your body to completely adapt to the HRT. I am doing a lot better with mine. I had to change mine 3 different times. I have been on this dose since the first of the year. I still have cry days. But nothing like before. Not as many hot flashes. No more night sweats. No more headaches. No drastic mood swings. The main thing I am dealing with is feeling tired. It is also getting better each day. It just takes time.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register