Scheduled LAVH Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed

Unread 04-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed

I don't know why, but I feel very overwhelmed. Surgery is on may 6th and I have not gotten things in order. Idk if its because I just had it scheduled a week ago or what. Emotions are running me ramped and I almost feel lost on what to do... Like scatterbrained. Is this normal for any other ladies?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Re: Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed

Yes, it's quite normal to feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster and with the short notice you've had I cannot imaging how hard that is. I had 6 weeks to prepare emotionally and practically. This site is great though, use the search function and look for tips on what to prepare for hospital and when you get home. They are full of the experiences of many and are really usefully in knowing what to prepare such as freezer meals, loose clothing a size or two bigger (the belly can swell up quite a bit), granny pants again a size too big (sounds aweful but after surgery is often all you can tollerate on the tummy) and there are lots more tip on here. I hope the emotional roller coaster calms down a bit and you get a bit of time to pamper yourself before surgery - try to do something nice for you in all of this. Good luck with it all and make sure you look at the recovery reports for your week of surgery, they keep you sane and let you know that all you are feeling is normal.
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM

I am sure part of it is that you have had short notice. Take a few deep breathes. Maybe write down a list and ask for some help or delegate if you can. It is normal to have your emotions running wild and you are not alone. I feel like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster since the end of Jan. My surgery is a few days after yours and I am working so much that I feel completely unprepared. It did not help that I had 3 different pre-op appts this week, all on different days! We will get through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Little over a week and feeling overwhelmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenidangl76 View Post
I don't know why, but I feel very overwhelmed. Surgery is on may 6th and I have not gotten things in order. Idk if its because I just had it scheduled a week ago or what. Emotions are running me ramped and I almost feel lost on what to do... Like scatterbrained. Is this normal for any other ladies?????
This is totally normal I had only 13 days to get ready I have a three year old.My surgery is on Tuesday. So I spent last weekend going and buying anything I thought I might need that wasn't food which I went yesterday and got. Then this week I divided up the house work between days as if I do to much I can't deal with the pain (endo) and I finished everything yesterday giving me the test of the weekend just to spend with my family the only bad thing is it also gives my mind time to ponder things and that's never good it makes me scared and nervous. Just pace yourself and you will see you can get it all done just try not stress to much.Hugs and God Bless
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM

My surgery is in three days and I still have errands to run and chores to complete. Trust me, its normal for many of us, LOL. It can all be a bit overwhelming. Best wishes~*
Unread 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM

Wishing you well! I am the third and I feel this way too!
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:55 PM

Thanks for all the suppose and helping me not feel like I'm the only one losing her mind. Best wishes to all of u wonderful ladies! See u all in the other side😘

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register