LSH 19 Days post-hysterectomy, feeling sort of lonely... - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

19 Days post-hysterectomy, feeling sort of lonely... 19 Days post-hysterectomy, feeling sort of lonely...

Unread 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Re: 19 Days post-hysterectomy, feeling sort of lonely...

You know, sometimes we just need to feel validated. Crissie and Australigal, I know how you feel and I'm there with ya.

The people who have gotten me through this are mainly on this website. Aprilmoon and AngelLissa70. I have a great husband, he has truly been fantastic, the man is going to heaven for waiting on me hand and foot, but he is at the point where he is starting to think that I should be doing a bit better than I am. So do my real life girlfriends. I have discovered the meaning of true friendship over the past month. This was major surgery, I'm not being a baby and yes its been 5 weeks but I STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP! I thought I was going crazy but the sisters here helped me to realize that I wasn't. Hearing and reading others experiences helps so much. April and Lissa will be life long friends for me now. We've discussed everything from the poo to teabags. I know I can text them at 3am (and get a reply!!) to find out if that weird smell is normal or not??!! Lissa sent me photos of her bruising to see if that was normal - it wasn't, but that's a whole other story!

So, hang in there, stay connected through this wonderful website. Have a pity party every now and then (please invite me), and when all else fails - eat ice cream.
love,
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissie11 View Post
You ladies are wonderful! You have NO idea how much I needed to read all of this.
I don't know if you feel like this or not, but when "They" act like its no big deal, and I'm feeling like I got hit by a truck, I start to question myself.
I start thinking, man, am I just being a big baby and feeling sorry for myself. So I am very thankful for the things you have put on here, thank you for reminding me, it is a major surgery, its a big deal. I needed to hear that again!!!
Australisgal, I'm sorry your sad too! Thankful you have an awesome hubby, I think you really hit it when you said, what they think is all that matters!
Keep your chin up, sending you big hugs too!!!
Thank you ladies again, I really needed this today!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register