a preop preschool ? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a preop preschool ? a preop preschool ?

Unread 07-27-2002, 02:03 PM
a preop preschool ?

hi sisters...for those of you who have been to the castle already...after the surgery are you dressed in a hospital gown ? can you change into your own comfy pjs when you wake up in your room and,( this probably sounds so silly but,) do you wear underpants while in the hospital with a sani pad to catch any discharge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2002, 02:26 PM
a preop preschool ?

Hi Lisa!

Welcome!

Yes, you will be in a hospital gown when you wake up. You won't care much what you are wearing - at least for the first 12-24 hours. I stayed in the gown for the first day or so - I figured if I was going to spill anything, or if I bled, I'd rather it be on their gown than one of mine. I think I put on my gown the last day or so. (I had surgery on Wed went home Sat.) I read the same from a lot of princesses prior to my trip - they stayed in the hospital gown. However - I know I felt better just wearing one of my own gowns - so there you go.

Yes, you'll have a sani pad. The hospital provides them. I read where some hospitals have the old, huge pads, so some ladies brought their own. I was lucky, my hospital had smaller pads. And I didn't want to deal with underpants, the hospital provided a kind of cotton, net pantie that held the pad, and it was a lot looser and more comfortable.

Best wishes!
Unread 07-27-2002, 02:37 PM
a preop preschool ?

I too stayed in the hospital gown, but took my robe for when I walked. I was at the castle 3 days, so I walked a lot!
I took lots of panties, but never put them on. I had packing (in my vagina for the bleeding) that was removed the next morning, and after that, I just had the big square pad on my bed that I never soiled. I quit bleeding completely right before I left the castle.
I kind of liked not having panties because it was tough enough sitting on the toilet without having to pull panties down, and the open back gown was good for that too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2002, 03:48 PM
a preop preschool ?

I just wore the hospital gown, and draped a second one on backwards (like a robe) when I started walking. Never put on underwear, but I had no discharge. I found a pad on my bed after I first got up - I guess they just sort of tucked it in place and it stayed put until I actually left the bed.

I brought a nightshirt, but never felt like putting it on. I'm normally a very modest person, but somehow I just didn't care while I was in the castle - it didn't seem to matter (and I even had a roomate!)

Go with what you think will make you more comfortable. You can always bring something from home, then stash it in a closet if you decide not to wear it after all.
Unread 07-28-2002, 02:07 AM
a preop preschool ?

Hi Lisa!!
I took a nightie and my robe but didn't use them. I had a IV in for the 2 days I was there so changing into a nightie was out of the question. Plus my first day I was so sick that I would of ruined my nightie any way. I only used my robe once because the nurses gave me another gown for a robe.
I took extra pads but I only used one on the way home. The nursing staff just tucked a pad in between my legs. And I had a big square pad under me just in case. I also had a cath until a week after I came home.( The nurses said that if I wanted to use my own pads they would of given me mesh panties, but with the cath it was easier not to) I just put the cath tube thru the inside of the leg of my underwear, and pulled them up.
For my trip home I took a pair of PJ's that were a size larger. And wore big T shirt nighties when I got home. It also helped to remind my family that I was recovering.
Have any more questions just ask!!!
Unread 07-30-2002, 05:49 AM
a preop preschool ?

sisters...my modesty anxiety is totally releved re: this subject thanks to your input! love, relieved in balto. aka, lisa t.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register