Anybody felt Nauseated? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody felt Nauseated? Anybody felt Nauseated?

Unread 07-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Anybody felt Nauseated?

Has anyone felt nauseated during this process?

I don't think it is my nerves. Friday, I started feeling sick at my stomach. I wondered if since my fibroids are so large and I am not that big (5' 5" 127 lbs) that my uterus could be pressing on my stomach somehow, or if it is pressing something INTO my stomach if not itself. Anyone had these symptoms? If not, perhaps it is my nerves and I am just unaware of it. Actually, I am just anxious to get on with it.

I go for my pre-op today at 2:00. I am also hoping to go pre-admit myself at the hospital so that I can get that out of the way. It is approximately 1 hour from where I live.

How are the rest of you LIW doing?

Love and Hugs to All

Terri

Surgery scheduled 8/6/02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 08:00 AM
Yep, Sick to Stomach

I know how you feel! My surgery is the day after yours Aug 7. I had my pre-op last week and I also live an hour from the hospital. I was really sick to my stomach that day. I think it was nerves because it made the surgery so real.

Today, I am sick to my stomach. I am getting more nervous as the days go on and the low dose of Xanax isn't helping much. So yes, I think this is just a normal part of of the waiting game.

Together we will get through this!

O.
Unread 07-29-2002, 11:29 AM
probably nerves

I think there's so much mental stress in all the leading up to this that there is nowhere for it to go but whizzing through your body, hitting different places.

Some days I have just felt weak, some days it's a headache, some days mysterious pains that move from joint to joint, and there have been a few times where I did feel nauseated. I also wondered if it had something to do with the fibroids, because I'm so over aware of them at the moment they seem humungous monsters inside me. But in actuality, they're not very big for me, so probably not.

But strangely, the closer my date gets, the calmer I feel, so maybe you'll get relief soon.

Hope so! Take care and good luck

Teena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Anybody felt Nauseated?

My surgery is in the morning & I've felt sick to my stomach most of the day. I just try to start doing something to get my mind off of it & that has helped quite a bit.

I agree with Teena, I was going crazy last week before my vacation, now I feel pretty calm. I am just trying to get things in order for my DH & 2 little girls so I can relax & heal once I get home.

Good luck everyone!
Unread 07-29-2002, 11:47 AM
One thing to add..

I can honestly say that even though I am very nervous, I am *way* more prepared for this surgery than I would have been without this site! 5 weeks ago when I first found it and posted, I was a total basket case.

Now, even though my stomach gets very fluttery and queasy, I am still calmer than I ever thought I would be at this point. Maybe by next week this time it will be different, but right now I feel like I am ready to get this behind me and do it! Thanks so much to my hystersisters.

Nine days and counting........

O.
Unread 07-29-2002, 12:32 PM
nauseated

dear riddlet--yup! nausea, headaches, various traveling pains--abdomen (probably colon--am not at all symptomatic with the gyn problems plaguing so many), back pain. I agree with Teena--I think it's probably nerves but if the nausea continues, I would check in with my doc. Keeping track of your temp? Good luck to you and keep us posted, new yorker
Unread 07-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Feeling sick to my stomach

Hi Terri,

Yes, I know about the sick to your stomach feeling that you're talking about. I've always had an anxious stomach and so when I was telling myself and everyone else that I am looking forward to this surgery (and I am), my stomach started aching and making me nausous about a week ago. (Surgery is this Friday) I knew from that there was some anxiety about the surgery that I just wasn't letting myself think about. So, off to the dr. I went and he gave me a low dose of Xanex and it seems to be doing the trick! Thank goodness!

78 hours and counting!

Gillian

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register