Insurance approved - FINALLY! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insurance approved - FINALLY! Insurance approved - FINALLY!

Unread 07-28-2002, 03:31 PM
Insurance approved - FINALLY!

I got a call on Friday from the insurance coordinator at my doctor's office to let me know that the insurance finally did approve my surgery - so now I am officially set to go on 8/6! Wow, that is only a week away!!! I am really nervous now!

I had another question --- Is is hard to put a bra on after the surgery?? I have a very large chest and am concerned about visitors coming by and the embarrassment I would feel by not having a bra on --- any ideas????

Thanks so much to all of you - I have learned so much!

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2002, 06:05 PM
good news

Julie,

Glad to hear that you have one less concern(insurance) before your surgery!
I am going in for a SAH on 8/6 and I am VERY nervous but I am trying to think about life afterwards. I am not blessed in the chest area so I plan on letting every(little)thing swing in the breeze while I am in the Hosp but I would have no prob wearing a comfortable bra under my hospitol gown.

Best of luck, Donna
Unread 07-29-2002, 03:17 AM

Hi Julie,

Congratulations on getting that all important approval from your insurance! I know it can be very frustrating waiting for it.

I'm also not, ahem...overly endowed I would suggest front closure bras...much easier than trying to reach behind you to do the strap.

Best wishes and s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2002, 05:53 AM

Dear Julie,

I wore tank tops that have the built in bra panel and was very comfortable!!!

Kelly
Unread 07-29-2002, 07:57 AM
Congratulations Julie!

One more thing off of your list. I know I felt better when the pre-certification came in. It's like, "OK, I guess I really DO need this surgery if the ins. co thinks so."

I hear we have several 8/6/02 surgery buddies?

I go for my pre-op today, Monday at 2:00. When do you have yours? I will let you know how mine goes.

Love to you,
Terri
Unread 07-29-2002, 08:58 AM

Terri,

I already had my pre-op on July 12. All he did was do an exam just to make sure he knew where everything was! That is also the day that he decided I should have an abdominal instead of a vaginal! I didn't have any of the blood work or anything done that day. I am supposed to have everything done the morning of the surgery. My doc explained everything that he would do and drew me pictures. He was very patient and answered all of my questions - I didn't have many because of this site!!

Let me know how your pre-op goes! Also, feel free to email me anytime - especially while we are recovering!!!!! rbray03@msn.com.

Julie
Unread 07-29-2002, 11:02 AM
doesn't insurance companies make you nuts!!!!

I had to wait for approval from my insurance too! My doc didn't think we would get it because I refused medical treatment for my endo. I told him I guess the MD behind his name didn't mean anything. He laughed & said he was on the wrong side of the insurance desk. He had to come up with like 5-6 reasons why he thought I needed the hyst. We got approved but it just drives me nuts that some little insurance clerk can override a doc. Maybe because I am in the medical field...an RN. I don't think I know of any docs who do surgery just for the heck of it with the way malpractice insurance is today.
Unread 07-30-2002, 07:12 AM
wow so many ?

Hello, My name is Kim and I also am well endowed and hadent thought about the bra issue. I have fibro, and Cfs also along with a few other medical problems. They will try and do a LAVH but, I have had a c-section so could turn into TAH BOA. ( bo, these addrivations get me!)lol, I printed them out. I also am a 8/6 day.
I get through the insurance approval with no problems but my pre labs have to be done outside the hosp I am going. dont make sence to me, the day of sugary they will do more, the hosp called me yesterday, and told me I couldnt take 3 of my meds, ugh. they also told me to bring my own pads and toothbrush and all my meds. I couldnt belieave this, ( although I do take 8 different meds a day.) It has to get better. I just wish I would have found this site sooner.
I pray this week flys by, and I will keep you in my prayers. feel free to email me,
Kim
KimberlyHattery@aol.com

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register