Scheduled dVH/RALH Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous! Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous!

Unread 02-09-2015, 05:05 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous!

I know I've posted a lot since I've joined this forum only a couple of days ago! But yeah, surgery is 3 days out, and I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm just more concerned that it's going to change my sex life negatively. My fiancé and I have had an up and down sex life so far due to painful intercourse and my irregular bleeding and cramping. I'm hoping that the hysterectomy will change all that, but I'm worried. I just needed to get that off of my chest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Re: Getting very nervous!

Hi Maus 2351,

Your fears are very valid...no one looks forward to surgery, let alone a sex life that might be worse!

From what I have read, experiences range from sex is better, to about the same, to worse. We all heal differently and sometimes adaptations need to be made after surgery. You may be pleasantly surprised that the pain that you have now is gone. If it is not, be encouraged there are doctors and physical therapists that have tremendous experience In this area, and, there are exercises and medications that can help if needed. What has helped me personally is a sense of humor and a willingness to read and try new things. You may discover " new creativity", and that some positions are just more comfortable than others.

The key to help get me through my ongoing journey is an open mind and this site! You are never alone here, and I find when I have questions, there is usually a great article or a thread on this site from other sisters who have experience with it firsthand.

You can and will do this! Try to stay busy doing positive things up until your surgery to help distract you a bit. Concentrate on the now and have confidence in your doctor and yourself.

Hugs and best of luck!
Unread 02-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous!

Thank you so much! That actually makes me feel a lot better! I'm so glad that I found this site, great group of women
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Getting very nervous!

I'm sending you some calming thoughts. I have not had a sex life in 15 years (sorry if Tmi) but from what I have read it takes a bit of time but by most accounts the sex is the same or better. I hope it is better for you!
Unread 02-09-2015, 06:07 PM

I think it will be better. I belive, follow your recovrry plan, wait of course 6 to 8 weeks or longer if necessary. Don't get silly and impatient. Even if you feel good remember your insides will need to heal and resituate.

I am only 5 weeks post up, but I think things are going well, certainly not bleeding all the time has been a great improvement.

Kimberly
Unread 02-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Thanks ladies . I'm just scared because it's soo permanent. But I know this is the only way I will find some kind of relief from the pain and heavy bleeding

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register