Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/17) and feeling stressed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/17) and feeling stressed Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/17) and feeling stressed

Unread 02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/17) and feeling stressed

I am new to the board and SO thankful I found you! I am scheduled for my surgery on 2/17 and the plan is to do it laprascopically. I am hoping that is what happens. I have had both my gall bladder surgery and uterine ablation/tubal that way so it shouldn't be an issue. Today was supposed to be my pre-op appointment but due to all the snow we are getting, it was cancelled. As if the surgery wasn't enough to be dealing with we are moving in 3 days (both surgery decision and news of available 3 bdrm came the same day!) and almost 4 weeks ago both my girls came home with head lice! Needless to say, I am ready for a tropical vacation...ALONE! I am having the surgery due to Adenomyosis. For the past few months I have been having "attacks" of cramping and unreal pain. This past weekend it came again so packing has been loads of fun...doubled over in pain! I just keep telling myself that once we get moved and then I have surgery everything will be "normal" again! I am scared to death of the surgery but trying to put on a front for my kids. Just needed to vent to someone who had a clue what I am going thru! Thanx...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Re: Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/17) and feeling stressed

You are going to be fine, at least you have lots to keep you busy!! Think of it that way. Good luck, and it's totally normal to be nervous. I was scared to death but honestly the nerves before were worse than anything that happened after.
Unread 02-09-2015, 09:00 PM

First of all, welcome to this wonderful, caring community where every woman reading your post truly understands your feelings. It's not unusual to feel anxious about your upcoming surgery, I know I certainly did with mine. You have had lots on your mind with moving, your girls and their head lice to deal with and pain.... I had my TAH last July (2014) and I also had lots going on leading up to my surgery date. My Mom passed away in January, we lost a sister-in-law and my husband had a massive heart attack 3 months before my operation. Somehow, I managed to pull through just fine so my advise to you is not to worry, everything is going to be alright. I am sure that other sisters will leave you reassuring comments as well. This community has been a complete Godsend for me..... Good luck on the 17th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2015, 08:07 PM

Hi buslady51 to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site!

I am sorry you have so much going on in your life right now - you have a very full plate!

All of your fears, nerves, emotions and freakouts are very normal. This is a very difficult surgery to face and process. Moving before the surgery is definitely the way to go. Hopefully, you will be unpacked by surgery time. If not, someone else will have to do the unpacking or it will have to wait. You will be on lifting restrictions, and you will need to recover. Recovery from this surgery takes time - think weeks and not days. You will need help at home with cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, shopping, driving, etc. You will need time off work - how long depends on how fast you recover and your job duties.

Here are 10 Tips for Preparing for Your Hysterectomy, as if the move was not enough! Given the time you have, just focus on the most important items. I would suggest food in the freezer that can just pop in the microwave is the most helpful. Also, getting loose fitting clothes, and a recovery corner built with pillows and blankets.

Just remember that you are not alone in this. We are here for you and understand what you are going through.

:hugs2u:
Unread 02-10-2015, 08:52 PM

Thank you, Marestail!!!! Lucky for me, I have been doing Weight Watchers since September and have lost 39 lbs. So I have plenty of loose fitting clothes....LOL! I am very fortunate that I have a step mom who doesn't work and has offered to come stay with me on days my husband has to work. My mother in law is awesome too and will do whatever we ask! I am hoping our move is complete Saturday so I have a few days to unpack the majority of our stuff. Looking forward to life slowing down and just being able to recover and rest!!!
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Wow, you certainly do have a lot going on. Preparing for surgery would be enough, but then moving too. Does sound like you would be ready for a retreat to a tropical island, especially with all the weather the northeast has been having. Amongst all the moving and unpacking in the next few days, try to find a little time to relax and do something you enjoy doing.

Hope the move goes smoothly. Best wishes for your surgery and an uneventful (and restful) recovery.
Unread 02-10-2015, 10:47 PM

You sound lucky. Got no help from mom or mom in law. I was so down about and hubby had to go work. Both moms are retired. Just wonder what they thought after surgery ? Hmmm I can't imagine not offering to help my daughter in some way....ask the anes dr to give you done knock juice as soon as possible. I was a mess, began crying the moment they me in. And the Dr came to me and gave some stuff and out I went.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register