need help having a lavh may 11 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need help having a lavh may 11 need help having a lavh may 11

Unread 04-21-2004, 07:15 PM
need help having a lavh may 11

well im 26 and im haveing a hysterectomy may 11 2004 and i was wondering what they do when you go in for surgery before surgery and how long does it take to get backon your feet after the surgery i have a 3 y old so im going to need help and i needed to know for how long i will be in bed also my husband is wondering about sex of corse how long after can you have sex and does it hurt also does it feel the same im worried if i have it done it wont be the same or feel the same so if you have any answers please let me know this is a big thing and i would like to know somethin thanks jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:22 PM
need help having a lavh may 11

everyones recovery experience is going to be different, as is their dr's restrictions...i can tell you what my dr told me after a tvh/a&p repair---hospital stay was overnight...was up walking the morning after..swelling was fairly intense for the first week..still have some minor swelling on the lower left side today..had minimal bleeding afterwards that lasted about 3 weeks..was off pain meds by day 3 p/o...no lifting anything heavier than 5 lbs til cleared by dr..can resume driving after 2 weeks as long as no pain meds were being taken and could hit the break fairly hard w/o any problems...no intercourse for 6 weeks or until cleared by dr........pre-op consists of any/all of the following depending on your overall health and the dr's protocol: bloodwork, chest xray, ekg, and possible clearance from any other dr's that are currently treating you for other medical conditions, possibly a meeting with a surgical nurse/coordinator and/or an anesthesiologist, signing consent forms, etc....the morning of surgery youre probably going to be asked to be at the hospital 2 hrs prior to your procedure..this allows ample time for last minute questions to be answered, forms to be completed, possible bloodwork to be done, vital signs taken, and IV started...your surgeon will probably come by to speak to you a few minutes before taking you to the OR..the anesthesiologist will also come by to take vital signs and a medical history..he/she will also discuss your anesthesia choices with you (if this hasnt already been done), and do a Q&A with you......i'm sure if i've left anything out someone else will post to answer.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register