Just waiting for my date... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just waiting for my date... Just waiting for my date...

Unread 04-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Just waiting for my date...

I saw my doctor today and told him I decided to go ahead and have my surgery. He said he is going to take my uterus (I have 2 fibroyds) and he said he will also take the cervix. I asked him why the cervix and he said two reasons.

Number 1, I had a bad pap a couple of years ago and they found a few bad cells on the cervix. There is a name for this but I cannot recall what it is. Also, he said something about it makes the surgery easier and quicker to take the cervix with the uterus rather than trying to separate the two.

So now I just have to wait to get the insurance companies okay and get my date. I'm hoping to have the surgery towards the end of June.

My doctor also said that I will probably only have a 2 day stay at the hospital unless I have a compliaction. He said he would rather 3 days for a TAH but that a lot of insurance companies will no longer pay for 3 days.

One other good thing is that I will be on the maternity ward which is great at my hospital because all of the rooms on this floor are private so I will not have to pay extra for a private room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 06:27 PM

I am 39 had tah kept ovaries 7wks ago. The night before surgery my DR got call from insurance only granting me 1 night stay. She was so upset as I was too. But I did have complications, lost alot of blood and was transfused(I gave my own blood before surgery). I my blood pressure kept dropping to 75/30 all night the first night from so much blood loss. I had to stay another night. These insurance companies are crazy. who are they to say how people will feel and do.
Good Luck to you!
Unread 04-22-2004, 07:38 AM

Hi, my insurance had pre approved me for a 2 day stay also when I had my tah/bso. I had some minor complications and ended up staying for 4, insurance did pay for it - no problems there.

The name my dr gave me for the" bad" cells on my cervix was dysplasia. That is abnormal cells that are not precancerous. The abnormal cells in my uterous were hyperplasia and were precancerous.

Congrats on the private room, my roommates were "interesting" to say the least.

Please let us know when you get your date - be sure to add it to your profile.

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register