Any one else born with pelvic floor hernias? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one else born with pelvic floor hernias? Any one else born with pelvic floor hernias?

Unread 04-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Any one else born with pelvic floor hernias?

I am 36 , was born with double inguinal hernias. Had a recurrance of the left inguinal hernia at 7 yrs old. I know i have some kind of pelvic floor defect.(but details are sketchy due to my adoption and no contact with biological family members at my request) Have been told a hysterectomy is my best option. I agree, had tubes tied 13 years ago , done with baby factory. Diagnosed with severe prolapse of uterus, bladder, rectum, and small intestines. I have alot of test to go through be for i have my surgery , but am told it will be abdominaly on the same scar area from hernia repairs.
I am very physically fit, have been very active for many years. Teach fitness and lifting with a special interest in contact kickboxing. I am nervous and hope to return to my normal activities soon as this is all fixed. I have a few marathons i'd like to run. I have had a hard time finding information on other women with birth defects of the pelvic floor, who found themselves in my shoes. I know my hobbies and life style are no "suited" to pelvic floor relaxations. But i am not going to stand still, ever. I guess my question is , have any of you had hernias before? Have any of you had everything falling out and need repaired, rectocele, entrocele,uterus,cystocele?
I cant find any recovery info on all of this being repaired abdominally with a subpubic catheter. (pardon my spelling please)
i am not by any means saying i will be having a worse surgery than anyone else, i just need to know what my recovery will look like. I am more then prepared to take alot of time off and recover, even months is ok with me. As long as i can feel better in the long run. Thankx in advance for any info specific to my condition.
OH and thankx to who ever it was that came up with the idea of this site! You are awesome!!!
DKNYdkny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Any one else born with pelvic floor hernias?

Well I am going through half of what your diagnosis is. I have a prolapsed uterus, bladder and rectal issues at 32. I too am adopted and do not have any medical info to help me or the doctors out. They are not entirely sure what caused all this. I might have just been born with a weaker pelvic floor. Who knows. I also am very active. I do pilates, play raquetball and run 5 - 6 times a week at the gym. Even when I am in pain. Sadistic I know but I am on a mission. My doctor told me that with the extense of my surgery that I should expect to be out ten weeks. I thought she meant 10 weeks till I would be playing raquetball again. She meant ten weeks till I would be able to get around like a normal human being. Every one is different and every surgery is different. I think the main thing for such an extensive surgery is to try not to rush the recovery. I have been worned that rushing things can undo the whole bladder repair. Good luck to you I know it is extremely frustrating to go from an active life to a standstill. You will be in my prayers.

Cindy
Unread 04-22-2004, 06:28 AM
I didnt realize i was this rare..lol

Cmon
thanks for you post. sorry i have not replied for so long!
I am so busy with my fitness right now, it seems i am just cramming as much in as i can,, I am only cutting back on my heavy lifting in fear i will have a full exterior prolapse.
I want to be in the best cardiovascular health as possible b for surgery,,(still have no date set due to extensive testing needed )
I am not worried about the loss of my uterus and cervix. I have weighed the options and have made a very informed decision that this hysterectomy is for me. I will fair much better with less weight inside pressing on my very congenital defective pelvic floor.
My biggest worries right at this moment may seem odd. I have a terrible fear of waking up in the operating room durring surgery. I had a bad experience when i was 7, I woke up durring my last hernia repair .. i mean durring!! i still have night mares of this.. i also suffered with extreme nausea and vommiting and a croop cough. NONE of witch is good for abdominal surgery. I have bouts of nausea often and am certain i will vomit easily if this is a side effect of the general anesthesia.(sp?) My family laugh and joke about how everything goes to my stomach. that i puke at the drop of a hat. things can gross me out and i vomit. nerves can make me vomit, illness all go to my stomach , even if its strep
i seem to get physically ill. So i guess my fears are of the effects of anesthesia .
I am however in the best of hands, I have a group of 3 doctors who will preform my surgery. i will have at the very least a 4 + hour surgery, i am told. I am even a topic of case study . this will help anyother girl born with my problems to be fixed with the best info available. I still have yet to find any other girl born like me. (hey look i'm a freak , just kidding)
Thankx so much for letting me blah blah on and on,,,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register