scared doesnt even begin to cover it - Page 5 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

any of it.but what does dr. say about sex part?i mean i have been cleared for sex but i told my hubby he's gonn hav to wait ,he said he's waited this long so he'll wait some more.but for all other issues what does dr. say? but i did hurt with sex before so this will probably benefit me but i am a chicken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2011, 02:35 PM

That's hard ...to weigh the options. Yes id love to not be running to the bathroom every hour or so when its that part of the month and id love to not worry about possible cancer and not worry about what kind of mess there will be after sex or if its going to hurt this time or not. But at the same time these things are things I've learned to live with and I just feel like if its not cancer yet,yet being the key word , than why not try something else so that I can still enjoy what it. Idk maybe my priorities are confused here but I can't stop think but what if the LEEP does work and I didn't. Push to try that first?
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM

The dr just says its the best option to be done with it all. That the LEEP may work or may just be temporary. He says the bleeding will stop and that nothing will be physically changed and it should still feel good. Since they are going the vaginal route and he doesn't shorten anything just takes out the uterus. I just don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2011, 02:40 PM

Sex the first time is scary. Best to wait until you're emotionally ready and take it very slow. Star with playing around without the pressure of penetration. Then gradually step up activity as you're ready. Use lots of lube and be in a position where you can control depth, etc. make sure your partner is on board with stopping if you're sore. For me it wasn't painful the first time, just sore after a few minutes so we stopped and waited a week. Sex does get better with time but takes patience. As for the orgasm there's nothing really to be done about that. If you felt your uterus contract, there will be just a void where that sensation used to be. The swelling is individual to each person. Some ladies here have almost no swelling and wear their jeans in a week. Some ladies report swelling still at 16 months. Anyone who has a solution for this, we would live to hear it. Neither of my doctors seems to know what causes it.
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:40 PM

The nurse I talk to says that orgasm should still be there just without uterine contractions..........
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:45 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedawn View Post
That's hard ...to weigh the options. Yes id love to not be running to the bathroom every hour or so when its that part of the month and id love to not worry about possible cancer and not worry about what kind of mess there will be after sex or if its going to hurt this time or not. But at the same time these things are things I've learned to live with and I just feel like if its not cancer yet,yet being the key word , than why not try something else so that I can still enjoy what it. Idk maybe my priorities are confused here but I can't stop think but what if the LEEP does work and I didn't. Push to try that first?
I totally get what you're feeling. It's the devil you know versus the unknown. Could be better, could be worse post op. It's a leap of faith. Most people seem satisfied with the decision to have the hyster. I preferred the problems I used to have rather than these new ones. But that's just my experience.
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:48 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedawn View Post
The nurse I talk to says that orgasm should still be there just without uterine contractions..........
My GYN discussed orgasms with me. Said there really shouldn't be any difference. He explained where the sensation comes from and as long as you have your clitoris it should be good. But he's speaking from theory since he's a man and can't know what a female orgasm really feels like. I still have them and the build up to orgasm is still good but the release is not as intense and sometimes a big let down. I'm not Ok with this, but what can you do
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:52 PM

Yea not much you can do. This whole thing is no fun. Most days I wish I could just trade my organs in for different ones. Now wouldn't that be glorious
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:57 PM

sex was one thing hat dr. wouldnt really talk about but i needed to know,he just said it would be different but where i had been in pain for so long,it should be wonderful.he told me last week whenever i was ready my body was ready and cuff was healed.i swear doing the hyster, TVH sounds more painful than mine.i had a TAH.charlie i think u should consult another dr. cause it sounds like to me but i dont know your history, that i would at least get 2-3 dr's advice.i didnt ,cause i wanted this done i was in complete misery ,having a 8-9 day period every 2 weeks will really work on a marriage.my hubby wouldnt touch me if i was on my period and it got so bad that i didnt feel clean anymore no matter how many baths i took.now i can say i do feel fresh all the time.there's no more blood or funky discharge(not to be gross). i will never forget saturday before operation my uterus started contracting like it wanted to make 1 last period before monday of procedure.i was like haha i'll be done with this crap on monday.but the sex part is what scares me.but all this pain &periods i had was literally destroying my marriage. my hubby got so used to never getting it and he was so excited about me getting surgery done.i was too but i dont want to hurt or cramp.we've been married 11yrs and he must really love me to have put up with all the constant pmsing and blood for years now
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:58 PM

Yea not much you can do. This whole thing is no fun. Most days I wish I could just trade my organs in for different ones. Now wouldn't that be glorious

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register