scared doesnt even begin to cover it - Page 7 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

I am only 3 wks post op with LAVH so I cant tell you with my experience. But, my good friend had hers done and by 8 weeks post op she said her sex life was better than ever. She said she actually had the urge and wanted it more than her husband. Don't worry it will only make matters worse.
She said to just make sure u wait the time your doctor tells you so your healed and u will be fine. When I got discharged from the hospital my doctor said now I dont want to see anything in the vagina. I had to laugh. I know he was just trying to make light of the situation. Best of luck to you and hoping for a healthy and fast recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2011, 06:53 AM

dr. told me he had once took care of woman who had sex 4 days after hyster, she ended up in hosp. for over 2 weeks with major major infection.i dont know about you but there's no way i could even wanted sex 4 days out of hospital
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:28 AM

Hello!! You sound just like me about 7 weeks ago!! I only had a week to prepare for my hysterectomy (TLH). I was worried about MANY MANY things (my health, my children, how would I be after, etc.).

This website offered SO much helpful advice and information. The posters are great for helping to answer questions.

My recovery was fairly easy and I was back to work in 2 weeks, haven't (thankfully) had any complications thus far. Every once in a while I will have a little twinge at the incision site that tells me I've lifted something too heavy.

Like you, I had been VERY worried as to what the sex would be like afterward. I kept my ovaries and cervix. The sex has been really really good, kind of better than before, so that's a plus. Also, don't know if it's due to hormones or what, but I've been much more sexually interested than before.

Best of luck to you!! It will be over and done with before you know it and life will be good!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2011, 04:17 PM

i havent had sex yet dr. cleared me but it was just my 5th week when he did.i have already told hubby he just gonna have to wait.but i do too seem to have a higher interest insex cause everybody is saying the pain isnt there but i am waiting until i feel comfortable with it 100%.hubby said he's waited this long he can wait a couple more weeks.lol
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:26 AM

You all need to be honest and face reality. I hate hearing that it will all be ok and the surgery isn't all that bad. If we are going to help each other, we need to be honest. Surgery was horrible and lost my libido. But I eventually got it back. And, that's without any hormone therapy after a laparoscopy-assisted hysterectomy due to endometreosis & fibroids.
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:34 PM

bonitakov - I am sorry that you had a horrible experience and it is true that many women do. But on the other hand, there are those of us who really have a happy surprise. As stated before, I was shocked to have no pain the day after surgery. My incision pulled and hurt when I moved but when I was still while lying down, sitting or standing, I had zero pain, nothing, nada! And that was off any narcotics! As a matter of fact, I asked my doctor about 24 hours post op if I should be having pain and he told me to wait till the next day. Well the next day came along and still no pain. I really had an uneventful recovery which was more like 9 weeks of relaxation for me! Of course, there were the little things like needing to drink prune juice, gas bubbles in the shoulders and not having the urge to pee but those were very minor inconveniences.

Before my surgery, I made sure to read the positive stories as the negative ones simply increased my stress. I didn't think I was stressed at the time but when I got on the scale the morning of surgery, I had lost 7 lbs over the last week so that was definitely an indication of being stressed when I was still eating normally. I clung to those positive stories in the hopes that my story would be as well. They gave me hope and the courage to get through it!

So the bottom line is that everyone is different and no one can predict how you are going to be during the surgery and after during recovery. However, positive thinking goes a long way!
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:06 PM

i thought recovery was just awful.i mean i got around really good and did dishes and light housekeeping when i got out of hospital but i did have a lot of pain.surgery recovery was brutal for me but it was like an instant physical relief of something i had to have.i am feeling much better @6 weeks but still enjoy twinges of pain.the dr. said it would be like a memory of the past and just one day i would wake up and just be better.i think that's happening gradually.but one thing about it is i dont regret this surgery at all.it was something i had to do.
Unread 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM

I found recovery to be slow and difficult too. I had a lot of pain and still take Percocet occasionally. I'm also still swelly and can't lift anything heavy or wear regular pants. And I'm 5+ months post op. Sex is nowhere like before but is getting better. I wish so much I was having an easier recovery. It's been a rough year. It's amazing to me that some ladies return to work at 3 weeks or are off narcotics after a couple days. Kudos to you, you're very fortunate!
Unread 12-31-2011, 05:13 PM

amen sister.i am glad i done it but i am also glad i dont have to go thru weeks1 and 2 ever again.i too,am still taking percocet for my pain.i hope i get fully well soon.i feel like i have become broken record to others and this site has become only friend i got.
Unread 12-31-2011, 06:18 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
amen sister.i am glad i done it but i am also glad i dont have to go thru weeks1 and 2 ever again.i too,am still taking percocet for my pain.i hope i get fully well soon.i feel like i have become broken record to others and this site has become only friend i got.
Your post made me laugh! I wouldn't go through weeks 1 & 2 if you paid me!! And I too am a broken record. The ladies here are the only people in my life who understand! And that includes my female doctor. She seems surprised at every emotion or strange pain I have.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register