scared doesnt even begin to cover it - Page 9 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared doesnt even begin to cover it scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Unread 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Re: scared doesnt even begin to cover it

The piece of mind that I get from this site is amazing. All of you ladies are some of the best people in my life right now. Thank you all so much. I tend to be the pillar my entire family leans on because I'm the most mentally strong. But this event in my life is making being strong for everyone else really hard when I'm fighting to be strong for myself. Joking tends to help me most. I already have my post op shopping list made! White pants, white swimming suit, and victorias secret panties. No fear of ruining them again. Even in a very sarcastic moment I suggested having a fairwell utreus party. Simply for laughs. But when all the joking is done and I'm alone the fear and stress kick in. Sleeping either doesn't happen or I sleep for 12 hours no happy medium there. I think the hardest part is not being strong. I always have been strong. Now I feel so weak and useless. I can't help my 3 sisters with thes normal big sister stuff and my brother recently returned to germany from afganistan. He will be returning to us here in nebraska with his new wife and a precious. Baby girl in march. It is a relief to hear other stories from ladies here and know that I'm not alone in my "adventure". As alone as I sometimes feel I know that all I have to do is pull up this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Site and someone will understand. (((Hugs))) to everyone pre and post op. You are all wonderfully strong and supportive women.
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Teeth?!?!?!?! Hahhahhaha...I am loving that one!! Men can be so insensitive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Teeth Lol if only........
Unread 01-04-2012, 06:17 AM

I got a bad case of nerves today....tomorrow morning @ this time I'll be going thru it.......I am fighting the tears @ work,,,,,glad I don't have to be here long today. I will try to keep busy today. I'm fearful of getting sick before I even get to the hospital from nerves. Thanks for all the support, positive recovery stories. I'm trying to hang in there. Hopeful my recovery journey will be an easy one
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Good luck. You will do great. As stressful as this is remember its for the best. Sendingprayers and hugs to you
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:35 AM

Smoothhooch......we r going to b just fine. Mine is going to b the 10th. Stay positive and trust in God!!! Saying prayers for u and me both!! See ya on the other side....5 days behind u.
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Deep breaths ladies, you can do this. I wish you safe surgeries and uneventful recoveries :-)
Unread 01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
scared doesnt even begin to cover it

Big Hugs and prayers to calm u. My LADavinci hyst was 12-16. I also was teary the day before. Very normal. My experience was EXCELLENT! Doctor and nurses were fab. Recovery good. Back to work Monday 1-9-12. 3 weeks. Have faith Sista.
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:17 AM

good luck and speedy recovery to all thats beginning their journeys and plus you have to check in as soon as you can after your surgeries.god bless

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register