Gnrh Analogue (adenomyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal?? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gnrh Analogue (adenomyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal?? Gnrh Analogue (adenomyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal??

Unread 02-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Gnrh Analogue (adenomyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal??

Hi all, I'm new to posting on hystersisters forums, but I have been reading people's advice and experiences for a month or so. My story so far, includes18 months of hell, trying to convince doctors that something was definitely not right with my body. The Consultants firstly diagnosed me with IBS and then told me that there was nothing wrong and it was all in my head! I knew they were wrong so pushed and pushed until they they finally agreed to give me a CT scan. They eventually found an enlarged and bulky uterus at around 12 to 14 weeks in size and a simple ovarian 7cm cyst. After several different treatments, hysterscopy and laparoscopy to remove ovarian cyst, the consultant told me that they suspect I have andemyosis. they have given me a gnrh analogue injection to reduce size of uterus before hysterectomy, which is scheduled for April time (in Uk, so still awaiting actual date). I recieved the 3 month injection 2 weeks ago and have felt absolutely awful ever since but the bleeding did stop. However, I woke up this morning to extremely heavy bleeding and cramping (the type which makes you think, oh no what is happening). This has carried on throughout the day, I just wondered if this is normal whilst on the gnrh injection, has anybody experienced this. Starting to feel a little worried, any advice would be really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Re: Gnrh Analogue - bleeding

Hi pippink to HysterSisters!

I am sorry you are going through so much, but glad you found this site.

I am glad you were persistent and an advocate for your own health, and finally got someone to listen to you. Now at least you have a doctor that is addressing your issues.

I am not familiar with the drug you are taking, but you should contact your doctor and let them know what is going on. This sounds concerning to me as well.

We also have many ladies on this site. Hopefully one of them will see this post and respond as well.

Unread 02-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Re: Gnrh Analogue (andemyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal??

pippink,

I'm sorry your cramping and bleeding, it can be scary along with what the injection making you feel awful. I believe you've had what is known as Lupron here in the States. I had five one-month injections before my hyster and agree that the side effects can be difficult.

It took over two months for my bleeding to stop, that may be a little unusual, but it can sometimes take a while for all the bleeding to stop. The Lupron did a good job of shrinking my huge uterus, which had adenomyosis, so it was worth it for me.

If the cramping and bleeding are concerning to you, please call your doc's office.

I hope the uncomfortable symptoms subside soon. Keep us posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Re: Gnrh Analogue (andemyosis) - very heavy bleeding and cramping after two weeks of no bleeding - is this normal??

I had my last Lupron shot in January, and have my hysterectomy next week. My first month on Lupron I had a horrible period that lasted about 3 weeks. I think it takes a bit to shut down everything, and my doctor wasn't concerned about my long and heavy period. After that month I no longer have had a period, although I have been spotting a little the last couple of weeks. I think it's my uterus's way of protesting it's upcoming ejection from my body. My biggest issues with Lupron were hair loss and depression. I wish you much luck with this!!
Unread 02-10-2015, 12:11 AM

Thank you so much for your replies, it's reassuring to know that others have experienced this too. The bleeding has calmed down today, though I feel like I have been fighting in a boxing ring today, battered and bruised 😔

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register