Suggestion for Hospital Stay | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suggestion for Hospital Stay Suggestion for Hospital Stay

Unread 07-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Suggestion for Hospital Stay

I am completely novice at this (surgery on MYSELF), but I had what ended up being a great suggestion for my brother who had prostate cancer in January.

I took him a lined "journal". It was great. Everyone that came in "signed in" and when he was out of it (most of the time the first 2 days) they could leave a note in the "journal" that he could keep forever and read when he felt better.

We also were able to jot down flowers, gifts, etc, so that it would be easier to send notes. We also had the dr.s to sign as well as the nurses. They all thought it was a great idea.

If no one does it for me, I will do it for myself.

Thought I might pass it along for others to use.

Let me know what you think, also share other ideas you have used.

Love and Hugs to all,
Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 12:18 PM

Great Idea! The Hyster Sisters Store has a Journal with the HS logo on it . It is a great buy. Can also get "within the land of Hyster" with it. It is the Greatest. Read before you go or you will definetly need your tummy pillow when you are a princess.

Hugs and prayers.
Unread 07-26-2002, 12:45 PM

What a great idea!

I'll certainly leave my HS journal out so the Knights (doctors) and Matrons (nurses) can leave their names.

Just a few days to go now. I'm passed myself with nerves!

s to all

Tess
xxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2002, 02:50 PM

One thing I was concerned about prior to the hospital was having shoes that I could just step into but I wouldn't step out of while walking. I found a pair of slip on tennis shoes at Walmart for only $4.00. They have been great. Another thing was instead of a robe that ties or buttons I wanted something loose fitting that pulls on over the head. Walmart to the rescue again, I found a silky feeling caftan that had lots of bright oranges, yellows and reds. It cheered me up each time I'd slip it on. Several nurses asked me where I got it and couldn't wait to go get one. When I got home I really enjoyed staying in my gown and caftan (which reminded me to rest, rest, rest).
Unread 07-26-2002, 10:36 PM

My suggestion to all LIW is to have a family member test the call light before leaving the hospital the day of surgery. My call light did not work my first night in the castle. I thought I was too drugged to press the button properly, but actually it was broken. All turned out okay, but it is scary to think that I had no call light my first night.
Unread 07-29-2002, 11:50 PM

My mother gave me a suggestion that a nurse gave her following gall bladder surgery.

When you are moving in and out of bed, keep your legs together. It really seems to help, puts less stress on those abdominal muscles.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register