Going To The Castle 8-8 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going To The Castle 8-8 Going To The Castle 8-8

Unread 07-30-2002, 08:17 AM
Going To The Castle 8-8

I am 29, and first started when I was 9. I've been having problems since I was 16. My DR is new to me, and when he said I have a very large mass on my right ovary, I really wasn't surprised. (I had aggressive pre-cancer cells on my cervix when I was 23). Since I was a new patient, he only wanted to remove the cyst/ovary. I said all or nothing. I went back to my onc/gyn and she agreed with me. She called new DR and he now agrees too. I am sooo ready, but now am getting nervous. Oh, something else. My fiancee was in a VERY bad car wreck on thursday, not seriously hurt, but he has lots of stitches and messed up his back. Any suggestions on how we can help each other recover? This site is the best for anyone wanting more info. I have gotten so many helpful ideas for my recovery. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2002, 09:03 AM
Going To The Castle 8-8

First of all BEST wishes to you and your fiance's recoveries! You both will need to rest, rest,..and take things slowly. You might want to ask someone to come in and help..especially with BOTH of you down for a while. BEST of luck to you on your surgery...
we'll all be praying for you. Take care..let us know how you're doing, afterward.
Unread 07-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Going To The Castle 8-8

Dgronauer,

Hi. Hopimg everything is well with both of you.
I am having my surgery on Aug 15th TVH keeping the ovaries, bladder and recetal repairs.

I look at both the pre/post op sites and they gave me some very useful information. I am writting all this info and giving it to my doctor before surgery and a copy to my husband (so he can make sure everything I want is done). Just want all the medication I need for Pain, etc..., when I need them and not be delayed.

The post site gave me info regarding the rectal recovery - donut pillow and other good stuff.

I hope this helps. Couters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Going To The Castle 8-8

Most hospitals and doctors can direct you to some sort of post operative home care or hospice.
Between friends/family/co-workers/church friends and the at home nursing (If needed) you should be okay.
REMEMBER>>>>>NEVER be afraid to ask for help!! Both you and your honey need rest, rest, rest and a bit of pampering.
Hire a housekeeper if need and make sure to take care of you!
Wishing you both the very best!!

Janet

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register