Endometrial biopsy and 2nd opinion day. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial biopsy and 2nd opinion day. Endometrial biopsy and 2nd opinion day.

Unread 06-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Endometrial biopsy and 2nd opinion day.

Regarding the biopsy, I have one word: OUCH! That sucker hurt bad for about 15 seconds. I'm glad it's over though, and I'm glad the surgeon wanted to do the biopsy. He recommended the biopsy because my endometrial lining is suspiciously thick. He thinks it's OK, but wants to make sure there aren't any cancerous or pre-cancerous cells lurking around there.

I went to a wonderful local doctor, who is unfortunately not covered by my insurance, for a 2nd opinion after the biopsy. (Oh yeah, I've had a really fun morning.) She basically agrees with the surgeon, that given all the test results and symptoms I'm dealing with that going through with the surgery is really a personal choice that will affect my quality of life. She said, "This isn't a slam-dunk, but frankly if it was me, I'd do it."

She gave me a Nuvaring to try, just to see if it reduces the bleeding. I just started spotting this morning, which means that if I follow my usual pattern of the last couple of years, I'll be in Flood City for a week starting tomorrow. <sigh!> If the Nuvaring does the trick and stems the tide, I will seriously consider delaying the surgery a few months.

Has anyone here tried the Nuvaring to lessen bleeding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 11:50 AM

Hi "MessyMe"

I've never tried the Nuvaring, hon, but the doc who gave you the second opinion was right on the money. It's all about Quality Of Life.

If I were you, I'd sit down and write a list of Pros and Cons with regards to the surgery. It is YOUR decision to make and it really all comes down to what life will be like if you wait and if you go ahead.

This is excellent timing for you, with the Nuvaring. If it doesn't make a darned bit of difference, then the writing is on the wall. If it really helps, then you can consider doing that for however long you wish to continue with it. It would also be interesting to see what the ring does for your pain, if anything at all.

It's GOOD that you've sought a second opinion and you're trying something else. YOU have to be confident that you've exhausted all other avenues before going ahead. I really hope for you and with you that this Ring does the trick!

Thinking of you!

Unread 06-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks!

I really appreciate your thoughtful reply. Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 11:56 AM

((((Messyme))))))))),

I hope that your test comes back fine hon.

I also hope the ring works for you. I never heard of it though.

Best wishes no matter what you decide to do.

Good luck,

Pamcat
Unread 06-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Nuvaring info

I found information about Nuvaring at http://www.nuvaring.com. It's very new. It was very easy to insert though I worry a bit about it staying in place if my usual bleeding pattern persists.
Unread 06-17-2003, 12:23 PM

(((messyme))),

Tried you link, says you need a member ID . I will try a web search later.

Pamcat

Here is an addy I can get to.

http://www.nuvaring.com/consumer/abo...ring/index.asp

So I see it is a contraceptive. I guess it is like using B/C pills for bleeding.

Thanks for the info. I try to keep up with new treatments.
Unread 06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Strange!

I was poking around the Nuvaring site about a half-hour ago, but when I clicked on it from here I also got the message you got. Very strange!

Try this one:

http://www.nuvaring.com/consumer/abo...Ring/index.asp

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register