Bacterial and Urinary Infection- So not good! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bacterial and Urinary Infection- So not good! Bacterial and Urinary Infection- So not good!

Unread 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Bacterial and Urinary Infection- So not good!

Well- Yesterday was my 9th day post op and it just didn't go along very well. I took a trip to the ER and for reasoning that for the longest of time- after I would empty my bladder- I would be in excrusiating pain for up to 10 minutes or more. After labs- urinary analysis and a CT scan- they came to the conclusion that I had a bladder infection plus for right about 2 days- I had been having a bit of a problem with light brown unpleasant goo coming from my vaginal region suggesting a slight bacterial infection as well. Double whammy and so un-called for. Either way- I am now on 2 antibiotics- a different but better pain medication plus I have to take potassium pills for the next 2 days also. Not only am I really unhappy about this- but I know how it was that I ended up getting a bladder infection -Cather- and it wouldn't be the first time that I've had this happen. Catheters give me urinary infections every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Re: Bacterial and Urinary Infection- So not good!

I am sorry to hear that catheters give you infections. I hope that the antibiotics kick in for you soon as utis are not fun.
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:43 PM

I had the same thing - I was bedridden for days with nasuea, fevers and chills. ended up a night in ER where they pumped me filled with antibiotics, then sent me home where I felt even worse for a day and then woke up feeling 100 percent better. I have never had a UTI before so I just thought I had the flu. The infection ended up spreading and I honestly think that was the worst I have ever felt. UTI's are horrible! I hope you are on the mend..hugs and healing thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Thank you my loved sisters and I am glad that I caught this in time. It seems like things have been going along a little better today. The poofy-ness I had in my lower belly seems to have gone away- I feel just very light pain now and the urine looks it's lightening up somewhat now too. The yucky brown gooey stuff from my vaginal region has slowed way down too. I don't know all too much about the antibiotics- but I can honestly say that they must be strong enough to kick in fast. Most antibiotics take 24 hours- these took less than 24- especially since the changes are undeniably noticable.
Unread 03-10-2013, 06:32 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM

I went to er this morning also, I have a uti and bladder infection on top of a yeast infection.... I had my hysterectomy 3 1/2 ago. I want to cry so bad when I pee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register