Getting nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting nervous Getting nervous

Unread 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Getting nervous

I am scheduled for TAH on October 18th, my birthday is Oct. 20. I started bleeding on Dec. 29 of last year, and with the exception of the 2 weeks following my ovarian cystectomy with d&c, and 8 days of my second month of Mirena IUD (nightmare!) I have bled every day for the last 9 1/2 months. Some days have been so heavy and painful I didn't know if I would make it through the day. My husband and I had wanted another child, and had started trying last year only to give up on that dream a few months later. I know I can't go on like this anymore, and my doctor feels strongly that this is the best option, but I am having some nerves and difficultly dealing with the finality of this procedure. I know I am unable to have a child anyways, but this is bringing it home pretty strongly.
I have been trying to stay strong for my family and know that I wil be getting the only thing I want for my birthday this year: an end to the bleeding But I am still scared and sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Getting nervous

Stay strong for you , not you for them. you need the suport ! I know how you feel, for two years i wore a pad every day do to bleeding and spoting almost every day. After i had my daughter there was a lot of trama and i knew then no more kids but still kept hope . And when i had the hsyt it was hard knowing for sure my babys days were 100% over now. being scared is normal . Make a list of all the pros for surgery and hang it up and read it daily to remind you of all the good that will come out of it
big hugs
Lisa
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Getting nervous

((( berthi )))

I'm sorry that you're going through so much

There's lots here that may be a help to you. The Pre-op Articles have great hints and info available:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/articlelist_170.htm

The Pre-op Checkpoints can help you know what to expect and are very helpful:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_preop.htm

There's a forum here called "Aching Hearts " that can help with dealing with the grief that some ladies have when faced with the loss involved with a hysterectomy: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, the gals are so wonderful with sharing

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Getting nervous

Berthi, I am having my hyst the day before you. I'll be thinking of you that day.

Be strong and it'll be over before you know it.

Big 's to you.
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Getting nervous

Berthi,

I'm right behind you sweetie!

I think a lot of us here are going through or have gone through the same things. I bled continuously for over 5 months........what a joke......now that my surgery is 11 days away, I stopped! Geez!

I also grieved the loss of the children I won't have, not that I was even planning on having more! It just becomes so final, feels like you have no control over your body and what is happening to it anymore. I made the promise to myself to just be happy with the family I have and to be thankful for the healthy, happy child I have. I'd rather be a healthy, pain-free mom to my one child, than a hurting, grouchy, sickly mom to a dozen!

This is scary, anxiety in this is NORMAL. It IS a big deal! Take a deep breath and count your blessings.....it sounds like you have many.

Hang in There!

Christine
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Getting nervous

Thank you all for your words of support. It sure helps to talk to women who have been through or are going through what I am. My DH has been so supportive, but doesn't quite understand that I can be sad and relieved at the same time.
Meanwhile, I have been cooking and cleaning like a crazy person. I have filled my freezer with ready to cook meals so I won't have to work so hard when I am recovering. Today is spaghetti sauce day! My DH and I also painted our living room this weekend after putting it off for 3 years. It will be nice to come home to a warm and inviting freshly painted room. Also it helps to keep busy and keep my mind occupied the closer I get to the surgery.
Again, I really appreciate all the support and comfort this community offers.
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Getting nervous

My TAH is also on the Oct 18th. I feel you I am so scared but i have a lot of support. Sometimes thats what you need. I will be praying for you also
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Getting nervous

I'm on for the 18th, too! Mine is 7:30 a.m. - YIKES (I am not a morning person). Hang in there, one more week and it's over for us! We need to all send each other good thoughts that day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register