Suffering from depression | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suffering from depression Suffering from depression

Unread 02-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Suffering from depression

I am scheduled for DaVinci total hysterectomy on 3/9. I already suffer from PTSD and depression but it is pretty much under control. However, since I was told I had to undergo surgery, I have been really depressed. One bright spot in my life is that I start a new job on 3/29. I have been in college 12 years waiting for an opportunity like this one. After reading the posts I am worried because I HAVE to be at my new job on 3/29 and that only gives me 2 1/2 weeks of recovery after surgery. Does anyone out there think this is possible? My doctor seems to think it's not a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Re: Suffering from depression

Please try not to be depressed. As you can see, there are thousands of women on here who are having hysterectomies. You are not alone. Try to focus on the fact that you are otherwise healthy, alive, and have a full life ahead of you.

As for the job, I'm not sure about that. I'm going in for my surgery tomorrow and have no idea what to expect as far as recovery, etc. Is there any way they would be kind and compassionate enough to extend your start date by a week? Just to give you some wiggle room? Also, maybe you can get on a cancellation list with your doc in case any earlier slots open up.

Good luck to you sweetie. Again, try to remember you are not alone. We are all in this hysterectomy thing together! Did you know that 600,000 women a year have this surgery??? That floored me.

Gather as much support from friends and family as you can. Talk to a counselor, pastor, etc. to help, too.

Take care of yourself and I wish you the very best!

Gwen
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Re: Suffering from depression

Hi karmypoet ,

Sorry you are dealing with having a hyster and glad you found a new job. You're busy! With a minimally invasive hyster you could be feeling very well at 2 1/2 weeks post op. You won't be running marathons but a new job that isn't physically stressful may be just fine. Everyone is different but I was playing golf at three weeks. Its a good sign that your doc is okay with it.

Hope all goes well with the hyster and the new job.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register