2 Week Post Op Hysterectomy Appointment Today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Week Post Op Hysterectomy  Appointment Today! 2 Week Post Op Hysterectomy Appointment Today!

Unread 04-24-2014, 03:12 PM
2 Week Post Op Hysterectomy Appointment Today!

Ok, so today makes 13 days since my complete total hysterectomy, all the junk in the trunk is gone! Even my cervix...gone! Doc said the little bit of spotting I had Monday and Tuesday night is normal and most likely would happen anyway, part of the healing. He didn't do an internal exam like I thought he would, he looked at my external incisions and said they look good and go ahead and remove the steri strips that are starting to come off around the edges. He said I can go back to work full time, no restrictions on Monday the 28th. I work at a newspaper as the receptionist/classified/legal rep., so sitting and going to the printer and walking around the office are all part of my day. Be careful lifting, but I can even play in the garden in a week or two he said! OMG!! I was not expecting that! I thought I would have to wait till the end of May before I worked on continuing my little garden wall that I started last year. You know those stacking landscape blocks you get from Home Depot? He said those are about 10 lbs each or less. I don't even have to see him again he said, I guess I don't need to see another doctor unless I have another issue or until my physical next year. He's not an advocate of HRT either. So that's it?...... He said I may not even have any menopause symptoms if I haven't had them by now. We'll see, if I have anything that doesn't feel right I'm going to the regular ob/gyn, the surgeon that did my surgery was an oncologist gynecologist, which I was very fortunate I didn't have any cancer. My referring ob/gyn I will go to if I have any hormonal questions I suppose. How I feel right now? Well, I'm still a little tender inside, especially when I go to the bathroom, feels a bit painful when I have a bm and at the end of peeing, things are still healing and are sometimes sluggish. After going to the bathroom there is no pain, I think having poop in the belly moving through the plumbing is a little painful but after it's out, things are pretty good. If I've learned anything from fellow sisters on this site, it's the bathroom issue that needs to get under control to feel better. I feel like I can do some cooking now, and not eat the frozen high salt high fat foods that came from the grocery stores frozen food section. I do have to lose a good 50 lbs though, I think if I can do that, I'll be golden!! The weight makes me feel like crap anyway, so now it's time to celebrate "Aunt Flo" is gone forever!!!! YIPPEEEE! Good luck on all of your recovery, and hopefully I'll only have good things to post, no set backs. Take care sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Re: 2 Week Post Op Appointment Today!

Glad everything went well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register