Sorry, but I'm just not excited - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry, but I'm just not excited Sorry, but I'm just not excited

Unread 11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
No excitement? I understand, sister.

Hello,
I just wanted to say that whatever you are feeling is OK. A hysterectomy is a HUGE step and it's not something to be taken lightly. Although I can say that I am happy about my decision, I completely understand where you care coming from. I've been joking with friends and family about my pending surgery a lot lately but that's how I cope. I am scared to death!! But I can say, that I am tickled pink by the notion that I will have ended 8 years of severe pain, hormone treatments, maniacal doctors, pain pills, lack of energy, sporadic laparoscopies, mood swings, and just plain feeling old and worthless because I have no energy to fight the pain. I do feel a sense of loss and even estrangement, but I have to say, leaving this old life behind is what I've been waiting for.
Feel how you feel -- it is valid and so are you!!!!!
Good luck and be well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 11:25 AM
not excited either, out and out hacked off

8 days to my scheduled time and i'm still angry, frustrated, constantly on the verge of tears and feeling absolutely misunderstood by my family.

in short, you are not the only one going thru the negative feelings...

Bright Blessings!
Unread 11-08-2003, 07:34 PM
not excited either

I feel the same way as you do. I have prolapses of uterus,bladder,etc. and the only way to fix these issues is losing my uterus. I am 53 so technically I won't be using the uterus again but it has prolapsed and I understand that at my age the choice should be simple, remove it ,and repair the rest. I do have a gynecologist who specializes in pelvic floor reconstruction and I have faith in her,but my DH wants me to get a second opinion.
I can't get scheduled for surgery until March so this gives me quite a while to be upset about it all.
Unread 11-09-2003, 12:45 AM
SHEL64

I see that you are very close to me--I'm in Richardson, TX. I just had the same surgery that you are having, on 10/22/03- TVH and I also had a bladder sling done. I don't know which hospital you will be going to--I was at Plano Presby--and they treat you right! ;-)

If you'd like to talk more about it, I'd be glad to talk to you. You can contact me.

email address removed to protect privacy
Unread 11-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Sorry, but I'm just not excited

I, too, and less than thrilled to be having to go through a hysterectomy as well. I have one large fibroid that for the most part doesnt' bother me too much ( at least I don't think so. I'll find out after the surgery). I just don't want it to grow larger and then I'll need a vertical incision. As a wound/ostomy nurse, I see plenty of wounds that open up. I have also seen several women in their 50's with uterine sarcoma (related to their fibroids) and that freaked me out and I immediately scheduled my surgery. I also worry for my daughters when they get older because you know they most likely will have this problem. I only hope they can have their children first, like me, before this becomes a problem. Good luck to you - you are not alone.
Unread 11-10-2003, 09:06 PM
kimberlyruth

Yes, I would love to talk with you, but the moderator removed your email (safety reasons) address. I will be at Presby Plano, too so I'm glad to hear positive comments.

You can send me a private message via this site...that's the only way we'll get to communicate...

Congrads on feeling so good after surgery!
Shel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register