8/19 for me was not to be | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8/19 for me was not to be 8/19 for me was not to be

Unread 08-20-2008, 10:17 AM
8/19 for me was not to be

Yesterday was my surgery date. It was not an easy week emotionally before but I was finally there.

I was at the hospital, in my gown, IV in and started, the compression things on my legs when someone from the OR came down.

My doctor had canceled the surgery!! I asked if the partner that was going to be assisting could take over and was told no. Go home. Call the office.

I called the office before we were out of the parking lot. Because of my morbid obesity the surgeon was quite frankly nervous and tried to talk me out of having everything removed. I instantly decided this was his reason for canceling on me at 6 am and left a message telling the scheduler this.

I came home and went back to bed. I awoke to a message from the scheduler that the doctor did want to do my surgery but his house was struck by lightening and caught fire.

When I told my husband this we instantly called BS. If that had happened surely it would be on the news.

Several hours later I had a chance to sit down and watch the news and all be danged if there wasn't a story about his house being struck by lightening and catching fire. Very minimal damage but it was a true story!

So, Dr B, I'm sorry I thought you were lying. Hopefully my new surgery date on 8/29 goes a heck of a lot smoother for both of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM

I am so sorry this happened to you and to your docs home, WOW!

Best wishes for this next week.

Hang in there
Unread 08-20-2008, 01:45 PM

If that wasn't the hand of god saying no surgery for you yesterday I don't know what is! I wish you a easy pre-surgery week and a speedy recovery!
Thanks for sharing your story...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Wow, someone else on here had a similar problem (not once but twice). I am like you though...I would start off thinking they were all lying to me until I found out otherwise. I probably would have shot off my mouth to too many people and ended up looking like a fool or a raving lunatic! I am glad you haven't lost faith in your doctor.
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:13 PM

So sorry this happened to you. I had that happen to me once when I had my first tubal ( yes I have had 2 LOL I'm one of those that got pregnant ) They even went as far as putting me to sleep. I had a kidney infection so they cancelled my surgery at last minute I had it done a week later but got pregnant 5 years later. I feel blessed to have had a miracle baby but I had them both cut, burnt and tied off after my last baby was born LOL.
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Man I keep hearing these cancellation stories and I am starting to prepare my screaming speech. LOL! I dont mind if they cancel now but not after a bowel prep, no way. I plan on throwing the biggest hissy fit in the world if they do that to me. I have already warned my Dr and he said, he knew he would have to get to me because he knew I wouldnt go home LOL! We hve the same surgery date now, LOL!
Unread 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM

I'm not liking going in on a Friday At All! I don't want people (including hubby) to be feeling like they need to keep me company just because it's the weekend. Leave me alone! I'm going to be sleeping as much as possible!

I'm a little nervous over being in over the weekend because its not as easy to get drug change orders on the weekend if a patient is more painful. Statistically the doctors get back to you more quickly if they can just relay a message to a nurse and not have to actually return the call themselves.

Sometimes it sucks to have family in the medical field, especially hospital nurses. I'd rather not know some things right now if you know what I mean.

Yay for a new surgery twin!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register