Playground Rules | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Playground Rules Playground Rules

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Playground Rules

Ok... For those of us getting ready to play soon...
Any warnings, Positions that are better to ease into a not hurting free time, or less likely to aggravate sore areas?
did it take more lube or warming up? A little hesitant... ok a lot hesitant.
I neeed advice... Hubby may get carried away... Need to go over this before we play so its in his brain several times.
oiver ***** husbands other head might try to overrule his brain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Playground Rules

I had absolutely no problems!!! I did find that if you are concerned about things, it helps if you are on top so that you have the control....most men find this very erotic anyway. So you might want to try that. I had extra lube on hand, but so far, haven't had a problem in that area.

Best wishes

Wendy
Unread 03-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Playground Rules

I have been fortunate as well. No problems with anything yet. No problem with moisture, pain, etc.. It's been great!! Wonder why I didn't do this earlier! I hope it continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Playground Rules

Hi AngiDawn!

Your feelings are so common that we have an entire page devoted to concerns about returning to intimacy:

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

I think you will find a lot of helpful information there.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Playground Rules

I worried for nothing.Had a few glasses of wine a little massage great tunes and the rest is history!!!
I actually even think that doc may have implanted another G-spot
It was a pleasurable experience,don't worry so much and enjoy.For our first time we decided that the missionary position would be the best as I could guide him in gently.
Unread 03-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Playground Rules

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. My 6 wk mark is in 2 days & I'm scared to death to tell you the truth. I haven't been able to imagine any position (sorry-TMI) that would involve nothing touching my stomach - ugh! Its kinda like the surgery; I'll be glad when its over (sounds terrible doesn't it) so that I can quit worrying about it! Darn near feel like a virgin again - LOL!
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Playground Rules

I had the same apprehensions... in fact, I think most if not all of us did.

DH and I waited until somewhere around the 7-8 week mark, even though I was cleared at 5-1/2 weeks. I felt no pain -- to be truthful, I don't think I felt much of anything because I was pretty tense.

Do be sure that you don't judge the rest of your life by this one experience, because it may or may not be good for you right away. Remember, you've had a major surgery and there has been physical trauma to your pelvic region, so it stands to reason that there may be some issues in returning to intimacy. My advice is to just do your best to relax and don't rush things. You can't be hurt by waiting, but you can be hurt by rushing things or going too fast too soon.

It's usually recommended to avoid deep penetration for the first few times you have intercourse, and my doctor recommended that I be "in control" -- in other words, make it clear to your partner that if you say "stop" it means "stop".

to you.
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Playground Rules

I had a TVH and was told by dr I could have 'gentle' sex after 4 weeks. I have not seen anyone else mention a clearance in only 4 weeks. I am nervous about approaching the 4 week mark, but hubby excited. Has anyone else had clearance so early? How did it go? and how many weeks did you wait before you had 'non-gentle' sex? I am getting more and more nervous as the day comes closer and don't know if I dare do anything... help? Thanks!
Unread 03-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Gentle Sex

I took the advice and was on top... Barely in... Luckily
It didn't last long because I started hurting right away after less than a minute.
Is anyone else feel very "ready to go" and then hurt like H *** right away without much warning?
Unread 03-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Playground Rules

I just got cleared and I have to say that for the first time ever sex did not hurt in any way! I kept waiting for it to hurt and it didn't. I am looking forward to many years of pain free sex! I was 6 weeks post-op when I got the clearence and made DH be very gentle. I am actually looking forward to sex now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register