Anyone up? I'm angry and can't sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone up?  I'm angry and can't sleep Anyone up? I'm angry and can't sleep

Unread 05-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyone up? I'm angry and can't sleep

:burning: I'm trying not to be so mad right now but i'm furious!! First let me just say I like my DR I do, but i'm not sure she knows what the heck she is doing!!

First, I darn near had to beg for her to check my urine when I went in for my 2 week. (turns out there was protein and blood in my urine)

Second, she puts me on meds that counteract with my blood thinners and the pharmacy tells her to change it.

Third, i'm sure the meds didn't work. I went in today and I still have the same pain. She didn't even check my urine!! She scheduled me to have an IVP.... well, I get ready to take the prep meds for it and it says on there big as day DO NOT TAKE IF YOU HAVE CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE!! I have to call the office and let them know, so now I have to wait until Friday to have a darn ultra sound!

Fourth, I get home tonight, i'm nauseas (sp), in pain and I have a fever of 100.5. I call the after hour doc and she has an attitude!! GRRRRRRRRRR All she says is well aren't you suppose to have an ultrasound tomorrow and I tell her no (you big moron your office messed up) its not until Friday. She also says the DR would have caught it if it was something. So she says well all i can tell you is to go to the ER.... and oh if you go you need to call me first so I can let them know your coming. (All of this being said with an attitude) What the ?????

Why do I need you to tell them i'm coming?? Are you going to give them as much help about my situation as you have been giving me?? ** in the heck could the DR today know that something is right or wrong when all she did was check my incision and push on my belly?? Does she have magical hands than can see into the abdomen?? I mean really!!

Boy am I ****** off! I'm going to try to keep my blood pressure down tonight and pray that its not a kidney infection and i'm calling my primary doc in the a.m. no more dealing with them, I think their trying to off me or something.

So................ sorry to rant and rave and sound like a big cry baby but it felt good to type it out and share it with yall. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 11:34 PM

Thats what we are here for. Sorry you are having so many problems with your Dr. I can't believe the way they are treating you. If mine did that I would go off like a rocket. I mean geezzz sometimes they act like it is a bother to even talk to you on the phone. If it were them they would have a different attitude I'm sure. I just don't get people who act like that. My OB said if I ever had any kind of problem to call right away no matter what time it was. I never had to but it was nice to know that no one would be mean to me if I did, besides that is what we pay them for anyway. I sure hope there is nothing major going on in there. If it gets really bad then I would go ahead and go to the ER anyway and I sure as heck wouldn't call them and let them know about it. I think I would satart going to my primary, seems like they aren't paying attention to what meds you are taking when they give you new ones to take. Sounds like a Doc my mom had, he used to give her penicillan all the time and she was highly allergic to it, I thought he was trying to kill her and I turned him into the Medical board. He has since lost his license due to young girl dying in his care due to the wrong medications.
I hope you are feeling better now and hopefully you will find out soon what is going on. I hope I have helped you feel some better. Take care and just BREATH.
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:41 PM

Thank you Cats3 I am feeling better now that I got it off my chest. They do make me feel like its me and not them which really upsets me. I already feel like a burden because I have so many health issues. She made it sound like it was such a big deal to even do my surgery because of my beliefs and my heart issues..... but then she was upset when I told her I had a D&C last year from another DR.

Like I said I like her but i'm sure she's not good with the after care stuff. Probably a great OB for after a baby though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 05:33 AM

GRRRR... sometimes you wonder about doctors, don't ya? Sorry to hear that yours is being just a dork. There are times that I feel they need to increase the requirements when it comes to people skills and doctors. Its like we are almost second hand to most of them. Which is enraging because without us there would be no them! Know what I mean?

I just switched PCPs because mine told me OB/GYN doctors were nothing but technicians! Quote "All they do is catch babies all day"!!!!!!! There were other concerns leading to the change but come on.. that was completely uncalled for. It is almost like they don't feel that they need to screen the things that come out of their mouths!

I hope everything turns out okay for you. And never question yourself when you are questioning your doctor. We know our bodies better than they give us credit for!
Unread 05-24-2007, 07:40 AM

I am so sorry you are going through all this. That is terrible and it is absolutely their problem not yours. You should not be treated like that. They are definitely not doing the right thing by you and I agree with Cats - go back to your primary and let them take care of these things or find a new dr. Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register