My Body Thinks Its Pregnant!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Body Thinks Its Pregnant!!!!! My Body Thinks Its Pregnant!!!!!

Unread 07-11-2001, 12:02 AM
My Body Thinks Its Pregnant!!!!!

Hi there all of you pre-op's (sorry LIW) I posted my last posting in the wrong place so I'm going to post it again here. I went to my doctors today because my hips and my lower back are so painful. What she told me was that because my uterus is 4 times the size it is supposed to be, my body thinks that it is pregnant again, so my pelvic bones have started to separate! I was just wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure of this happening to them? I'm also hoping that I will go back to normal after my operation.
Any thoughts?
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2001, 04:48 AM

I remember the hip ligament stretching and being painful when I was pregnant, so that is normal. I don't know why your body thinks it's pregnant, however. Birth control pills? Hormone issues?
Unread 07-11-2001, 09:01 AM

Lisa,
You don't mention in your post why you are having the surgery, just that the uterus is 4 times normal size. Do you have fibroids? A hormone imbalance? I don't remember my bones separating that early, but maybe because I was always so sick I didn't pay any attention.

Either way, Does the Dr think that will fix the problem? Have you or the Dr run a preg test "Just to be sure?"

Take care and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2001, 09:53 AM

Hi there, thanks for your replies, I'm sorry I didn't give you any information about why I'm having my operation, I'll give you my back ground now: (but you will have to forgive me I don't know all of the right terms for what I have). I have a uterus that is swollen 4 times its regular size, (I don't know why), I have so many cysts, that my dr. stopped counting, and I had a prolasps (I think that is what it is called), my bladder fell on my uterus, my uterus fell on my bowels, and they all fell out, and now the only way I can go to the bathroom is by pushing on my stomach. Also, 13 years ago, when I was 19, I had stage 4(I think that is how you say it) cervical cancer, and the bottom 1/2 of my cervix was removed. Now I have stage 3 and my doctor doesn't want to take any chances. And thats not all....When I was in labour with my youngest daughter, she did a lot of damage to me (so back then they (my Dr.) told me I'd have to have it out soon or later).........but wait there is more............I have 8 aunts, 4 on my mums side and 4 on my dads side, that all had TAH's (I'm not sure about the ovarlies) in there 30's, and both of my grandmothers did too. My dads side had it done because of cancer and my mums side because of cysts (and I'm both). Infact when I told them about me all they said was "Oh, no its gone to the next generation!" (I'm the oldest female cousin on both sides). Well that is my story, thank you so much for asking me, I'm sorry that it is long winded, but that is the first time I've ever had the chance to tell my whole story all a once.
Lisa
PS I'm not pregnant

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register