PCOS & severe bleeding: hysterectomy an option? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PCOS & severe bleeding: hysterectomy an option? PCOS & severe bleeding: hysterectomy an option?

Unread 02-09-2015, 04:36 PM
PCOS & severe bleeding: hysterectomy an option?

Hello my name is April. I'm 27. I have pcos and severe bleeding. I've bled 8 of the last 12 weeks. Very heavy, sometimes changing overnight pads 2 or 3 times in an hour. Its really starting to affect me mentally and physically. I'm tired all the time, light headed alot and my mind is not working like it should. I have to take extra clothes everywhere i go. I've tried just about every birth control and they make it worse. I was just wondering if a hysterectomy is an option. I have 1 child and i know i'm not going to have anymore. I've already tried fertility treatments without success. Would love any advice. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Re: hysterectomy an option?

Have you had any tests done to determine excessive bleeding cause? If there are no other conditions they may be able to do an ablation procedure where it removes the lining inside your uterus. Talk to your doctor. I was bleeding very heavy and it caused anemia, tiredness, confusion, mental fog and just never feeling good anymore. Hope you get some answers from doc on what can be done.
Unread 02-09-2015, 05:42 PM
PCOS & severe bleeding: hysterectomy an option?

They want to do internal and abdominal ultrasounds but i have to keep rescheduling due to the heavy bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 08:26 PM

Wish you luck in up coming tests. Hope everything works out for you.
Unread 02-09-2015, 09:25 PM

I'm having a hysterectomy after talking to three of my doctors. Similar issues as you. I'm 39. No children but okay with not having biological kids. I'm just so exhausted and the thought of having to have procedures over and over again (because of family history of cysts and fibroids) just is overwhelming. Scheduled for March 4, 2015. I think it all comes down to what you are ready for and what you expect. Good luck. Ps: there are definitely a bunch of other options. I would talk with your doctor and get a second opinion before you do anything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register