Packing for my trip to the hospital - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Packing for my trip to the hospital Packing for my trip to the hospital

Unread 08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Packing for my trip to the hospital

That is what I'm doing~ getting a bag of mixed Brach's hard candies, I hate dry mouth and I get it so bad after surgery and from meds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 05:55 PM

You will have way more than 4 people looking in on and after you. If you stay 3 days(including day of surg/2 nights, you could easily have 6 to 9 nurses(due to shift changes) just on the floor, then there are the recovery nurses(usually at least 2), nurses in preop. I took a bag of hugs and a bag of kisses, poured them in a basket and just offered everyone that came in to take a few. As I got up and started walking around I would take the basket with me to the nurses station, never less than 6 people there. At the end of my stay I took down what was left, save a few for my chocoholic sweet tooth, lol, to the nurses station and left it. Gl to you ladies who are set for next week. Angela
Unread 08-27-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawskar
You will have way more than 4 people looking in on and after you. If you stay 3 days(including day of surg/2 nights, you could easily have 6 to 9 nurses(due to shift changes) just on the floor, then there are the recovery nurses(usually at least 2), nurses in preop. Angela
I live in a really small area... and because I been in the hospital before here, I might of had 4 nurses who watched over me over a 5 day period.

Also.... I'm going to prepare a fruit and cracker basket for the OR staff & my dr as a Huge thank you for making me better. I will give that to them before everything.

I hope I'm right on this... sometimes you can get mean nurse. It is rare........ but it can happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 06:36 PM

Don't forget shampoo/conditioner, blow dryer. I forgot my blow dryer the last time I was in hospital and I looked like a frizzy creature when my hair dried.
Unread 08-27-2005, 06:47 PM
gifts for nurses

it might be more expensive but you could get a small floral arrangement and give it to them to all enjoy at the nurses station you might ck if that is an option with the hospital
I had one nurse got me up moving on Friday am I had not gotten up from the surgery on Wed she got me breakfast walking and ready to go home that night really helps once you get up and going

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register