Miralax question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Miralax question Miralax question

Unread 03-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Miralax question

Hi Sisters,
I started drinking the Miralax w/gatorade at 4:30 for my bowel prep (hyster is tomorrow). About an hour ago a threw up a good 8oz of it, and feel like I could throw up some more. It's working at the other end (like it's suppose to!), so does anyone know if the nausea will go away or should I give in to it? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Re: Miralax question

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. If it's making you throw up, I wouldn't take it anymore, that's just me.
Make sure you take a stool softner twice a day,starting whenyou get home from hospital. I took Colace and it doesn't cramp you. I wish I had done it from day one, it makes your first BM come without straining. I also took GasX for the gas after surgery and only had it one day.. I ate alot of peaches and yogurt for the bowels. Keep your diet light the first few days. Let us know how your're doing. Hugs!
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM

hey sister...
What I can tell you about miralax is that yes nausea is one of the common side effects of this drug. While it is suppose to aid in constipation, it will cause not only nausea, but bloating, cramping, diarrhea and excessive bowel movements.
I know your surgery is scheduled tomorrow...like you stated and I wish I could tell you what is right to do. But if the nausea is that bothersome for you, then stop taking the medication and consult with your doctor. I am sure he/she will tell you to stop taking the medication and do clear liquids until midnight tonight.
I wish and pray for the best for you tomorrow. I know that nerves play a great roll in heightening anything in your life right now. I have been there, so I know. I would suggest that you not complicate your day before with this and stop taking it. Go to clear liquids until midnight tonight. Enjoy your time with your family and/or friends/or us here, rather then worry about vomiting and the like.
God bless you and all my sisters facing their tomorrows with surgery or complications prior or during. My prayers are for you tonight my dear.
April
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Thanks, April and Southernbelle59! I finished the "required" amount around 7pm. I've been sipping water since getting sick. I can handle the BMs, but I do not like the nausea
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:42 PM

Aww you poor thing...try some ice and sprite...or ginger ale..colcae is great but ask for it right after surgery 2 per day at least for the first week and especially if you take pain meds. I will pray for you tonight...hugs to you
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:35 AM

Ended up at ER. Apparently passed out on my way back from bathroom. Knocked front tooth almost out, split my lip very open and bruised my face They sewed my lip, did a ct, and hydrated me
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:37 AM

Oops...hit wrong key! We're ln the other hospital now waiting to get checked for my hyster, assuming I get the green light
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:43 AM

Oh no!! You poor thing! I hope you will be ok to get your surgery over with! ( or that you can go home & try another day, if you'd prefer!) I'm going in for mine at 10:30 today. Extra prayers coming your way!!!
Huge hugs!
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:44 AM

Prayers to you, you will do fine. I hope you can still have the surgery after all you went through! Good luck and see you on the other side!!!
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:20 AM

Bless Your Heart! That's a terrible thing to happen just before surgery but you will get through it. I'm thinking good thoughts for your recovery. I'd imagine your lip will hurt worse than your surgery.
Take Care, Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register