dVH/RALH 6th day post hysterectomy and new pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6th day post hysterectomy and new pain 6th day post hysterectomy and new pain

Unread 01-13-2016, 01:32 PM
6th day post hysterectomy and new pain

Hi everyone. I had my hysterectomy Friday so I'm on day 6 and aside from the sleeping more than I ever have. I've been ok. I didn't get the gift of no pain post op. It was actually rather painful. But if I take my pain meds I'm fine.
Today I woke up hurting worse. I haven't overdone anything cause I haven't done anything lol. For the most part I've been sore. Felt like my insides were bruised and pulling from where they moved a hernia near my belly button and sewed it closed there. But I have a sharp pain above my pubic bone and in that area. I thought it to be gas at first but it hasn't passed. I've been passing gas more easily today. And it hasn't resolved. The pain seems to swell and recede. For a minute I felt like I may have a bladder infection but after drinking a bunch of water the constant feeling of having to pee went away.
So I'm curious if anyone has had an increase in pain days later?
I had my daughter take me to get more gas ex And every bump we went over sent a stabbing pain through my lower abdomen. It's weird. I would kind of describe it as the feeling I got when my son was being born and was stuck on my pubic bone.
Could this be gas? How do I know if I need to worry? I know I still have gas floating around cause my upper back has really been hurting today.
Edited to add that I kept my ovaries but the tubes were removed. But I've been having chills for days. No fever. And now today I feel like I'm on fire. Major hot flashes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennijojo View Post
Hi everyone. I had my hysterectomy Friday so I'm on day 6 and aside from the sleeping more than I ever have. I've been ok. I didn't get the gift of no pain post op. It was actually rather painful. But if I take my pain meds I'm fine.
Today I woke up hurting worse. I haven't overdone anything cause I haven't done anything lol. For the most part I've been sore. Felt like my insides were bruised and pulling from where they moved a hernia near my belly button and sewed it closed there. But I have a sharp pain above my pubic bone and in that area. I thought it to be gas at first but it hasn't passed. I've been passing gas more easily today. And it hasn't resolved. The pain seems to swell and recede. For a minute I felt like I may have a bladder infection but after drinking a bunch of water the constant feeling of having to pee went away.
So I'm curious if anyone has had an increase in pain days later?
I had my daughter take me to get more gas ex And every bump we went over sent a stabbing pain through my lower abdomen. It's weird. I would kind of describe it as the feeling I got when my son was being born and was stuck on my pubic bone.
Could this be gas? How do I know if I need to worry? I know I still have gas floating around cause my upper back has really been hurting today.
Edited to add that I kept my ovaries but the tubes were removed. But I've been having chills for days. No fever. And now today I feel like I'm on fire. Major hot flashes.
I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. I'm 5 weeks post my DaVinci and still have pain too. Although it's much less than the first two weeks. Taking gas X, drinking some Sprite and walking around my house every hour during daytime helped. Are you having regular BMs yet? That can be a lot of pain at first too. I did get a UTI diagnosed on day 15.... Hard to figure out what pains mean what. If you aren't bleeding more than a pad an hour it's seems pretty typical for your pain level only 6 days out based on my experience. I also kept my ovaries and had/have lots of menopause like symptoms. They call it "sleepy ovaries" and it's kind of like your ovaries are in shock since surgery and can take awhile to wake up. Hang in there, things continue to get better. Of course, call your Dr if you have concerns.
Unread 01-13-2016, 02:38 PM

I've had daily bm but lol they aren't what I would call regular. I also have a rectoCele which is going to be getting fixed. (I called about it a month before surgery and asked if they would consider throwing that in and the nurse told me it wasn't his specialty and to go to a general surgeon for that. But when the dr came in after surgery I asked him a question about splinting that and he said "I could fix that why didn't you tell me?" And said we will address surgery for that at post op.
I'm still having trouble emptying my bladder. Takes some effort and doesn't seem to feel like I fully empty. I'm trying to not strain but everything is seeking to need some effort lol I'm afraid to mess up where they took my cervix And sewed stuff up
All bleeding stopped within 2 days. Which I didn't expect.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will watch it and call the dr about it if it's not better by tomorrow I'm just ready to feel normal again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennijojo View Post
I've had daily bm but lol they aren't what I would call regular. I also have a rectoCele which is going to be getting fixed. (I called about it a month before surgery and asked if they would consider throwing that in and the nurse told me it wasn't his specialty and to go to a general surgeon for that. But when the dr came in after surgery I asked him a question about splinting that and he said "I could fix that why didn't you tell me?" And said we will address surgery for that at post op.
I'm still having trouble emptying my bladder. Takes some effort and doesn't seem to feel like I fully empty. I'm trying to not strain but everything is seeking to need some effort lol I'm afraid to mess up where they took my cervix And sewed stuff up
All bleeding stopped within 2 days. Which I didn't expect.
Thank you so much for your reply. I will watch it and call the dr about it if it's not better by tomorrow I'm just ready to feel normal again.
Wow! What a bummer your dr could've fixed that at the same time. The bladder stuff gets much better with time. I think our bladders are really honked at us for awhile. Sometimes it helped me to run the bathroom faucet a little, I had to really focus on relaxing and getting every drop out! Lol. Sometimes standing up and sit back down again helps too. The recovery process is quite a journey and very frustrating for many of us. Hang in there!
Unread 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly G View Post
Wow! What a bummer your dr could've fixed that at the same time. The bladder stuff gets much better with time. I think our bladders are really honked at us for awhile. Sometimes it helped me to run the bathroom faucet a little, I had to really focus on relaxing and getting every drop out! Lol. Sometimes standing up and sit back down again helps too. The recovery process is quite a journey and very frustrating for many of us. Hang in there!
Thanks for the tips!
Unread 01-15-2016, 09:36 PM
Re: 6th day post hysterectomy and new pain

My surgery was Dec. 9th. And I think I have more pains now than week one. It's like my body woke up. I have had bad right side pain since day two. Right side lower back pain also.My surgeon says side pain is normal. I had everything removed Davinci except my left ovary I kept. My belly button hurts now more than afterwards. Esp. On the left side of it.I am periodically still spotting/ bleeding. I hope it gets better. I hope yours improves and you feel better soon. I wish you luck hystersister.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register