Help... Severe hot flashes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help... Severe hot flashes Help... Severe hot flashes

Unread 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Help... Severe hot flashes

Hi again...

I had my TAH 6/07 and my SLO 1/09. My surgeon put me on Enjuvia after my release from the hospital.

I am now experiencing SEVERE hot flashes almost 24/7 but he swears he has me on the right ERT and the right dosage. The hot flashes are getting worse. All night and all day.

Anyone else had the same horrible experience? And if so, what was your solution.

I can't even sit and pull a file at the office without getting soaking wet. It's embarrassing and effecting the quality of my everyday life now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Re: Help... Severe hot flashes

Kathy,
Ert is not one size fits all. It can take some tweaking and changing to find what is going to work for you. I would suggest that you read the articles at www.hormonejungle.com and have a discussion with your doctor about where you go from here.

Unread 05-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Thank you. I am just a puddle right now. Two fans on me and the AC set on 75 degrees and I am still soaked. It was okay till about two weeks ago and this started.

I look like I have ran a marathon.

I am going to call my doctor first thing in the morning. He has to do something. I can't keep on like this.

I went out last night with a friend. Barely able to get my make-up on. AC blasting in the car all the way there. And had to put my hair up and my neck and face were still dripping wet.

This is why I didn't have my ovaries out when I had my hysterectomy in 2007. Unfortunately I had no choice in January. I developed a mass on my left ovary and two huge cysts and several cysts on my right ovary.
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Don't put up with having these symptoms go back to your doctor if he/she doesn't listen then change doctors.

I had a TAH/BSO just over 3 years ago and I still have not found the right ERT, some worked for a while then stopped working.

I am 46 years old now and have completely come off hormones to give my body a break to see how I cope without them, I have always used a patch as it's the safest route for ERT.

I see my Gynaecologist again on the 18th May to let him know how I have got on, I am only having a few warm spells mainly in the evening, being off hormones I now sleep better, I am not as depressed, I can think clearer, I just generally feel better.

I do worry about Osteoporosis, Vaginal dryness etc and growing old before my time but I will see how I cope and if I have to go back on hormones I will until natural menopause age.

Good luck with finding the right one for you.
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:52 PM

I have talked to a few women at work that stopped their HRT and rode it out. They were all glad that they did.

I was on Lexapro prior to any of this. That didn't work for me after the SLO. So he switched me to Cymbalta. So I am a bit hesitant to just stop the HRT.

I have been on Prendisone for the last three weeks for the second time in as many months for asthma. Maybe that is contributing to the sweating. I just connected the dots just now. This is my last day of them so we will see how it goes this week. DUH.... IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME TILL RIGHT NOW.

Okay... so here I sit, wet tee right out of the washer, shorts, ac on 75 and two fans on me. LOL... ahhhhhhh.
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:53 PM

hi, I am also having severe hot flashes, I had a total hysterectomy with both ovaries taken out, both had csyts on them.I was already having menopause symptoms when I had hysterectomy. I have been on hrt for 2 years. my doctor told me to come back in 2 months if still having hot flashes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register