Six months out - any help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six months out - any help? Six months out - any help?

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Six months out - any help?

I am a little more than six months out from my tah/bso and was wondering how I should be feeling? I still have limitations, although I think it is getting better. I had to go on estrogel for hormones as I had a lot of pain in the buttocks and hip area. Anyone ever heard of that pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi,

Sorry you have had pain. I also had pain in my hips after my hyst. I ended up going to see about it, and they said for me it was a flare of arthritis. My doctor said that the surgery can cause aches and joint pain, and could be from loss of hormones. I had it for many months, and with the helpf of exercise, stretching, good diet, and hormone patch it did get better.

I hope you will feel better soon. I would see my doctor if you are doing all you can do and still have pain.

Hang in there .
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:52 PM

i agree with suzy, check with your dr. i hope your dr can help ease the pain
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforhorses
I am a little more than six months out from my tah/bso and was wondering how I should be feeling? I still have limitations, although I think it is getting better. I had to go on estrogel for hormones as I had a lot of pain in the buttocks and hip area. Anyone ever heard of that pain?
I am right smack in the middle of that pain you are describing! my hips feel like they are going to come apart sometimes. My pain started at 6 weeks after surgery, lower back and hip area and now it is radiating everywhere, even in my arms. I am having bloodwork done to see if i've got rhematoid arthritis. I never had this before the surgery. I'm looking for answers too. I had surgery in July and my body pain doesnt go away. I am thinking of going on some kind of hrt since i am on nothing as of now.
I hope you find your answer.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM

heys sisters............i am 9 weeks out, and i've had hip pain from the first few weeks, and it slowly seems to be getting worse. mine mainly aches when i'm laying on my side.......then i roll over, til that side aches. i've put mine down to a flare of lupus, which i got about 4 years ago. but, now that there are others out there, who've never had it pre surgery, i'm left wondering???? weirder and weirder???? hope its temporary for all of us..........gee.
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:00 AM

Yes, I also tried to not take anything in the way of hormones. The pain just kept getting worse and spreading. It has helped a bit, but I still have pain in areas I had no pain before along with a lot of stomach upset. I don't know what to do. I am very frustrated and am beginning to wish I had not had the surgery, even though that doesn't do any good either. It's not like I can undo what has been done. My surgery was in May.
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
I am right smack in the middle of that pain you are describing! my hips feel like they are going to come apart sometimes. My pain started at 6 weeks after surgery, lower back and hip area and now it is radiating everywhere, even in my arms. I am having bloodwork done to see if i've got rhematoid arthritis. I never had this before the surgery. I'm looking for answers too. I had surgery in July and my body pain doesnt go away. I am thinking of going on some kind of hrt since i am on nothing as of now.
I hope you find your answer.
I told the doctor this same thing yesterday at my 6-week follow-up...I also said "even the tops of my hands ache" - NONE of this was present before the surgery. No one in my family has it and I never even had a hint of pain like this before. He ordered bloodwork to check for Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis - great, there can't be some coincidence it starts for us all after we get our hysterectomies.
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi Ladies--I had all the symptoms you are describing and several more--I have 1 ovary left and everything else was removed--I called my Dr. and he ordered blood work--to his surprise and mine--the ovary was producing nothing--I had very low estrogen--He put me on a very low dose of estrogen replacement and after 10 days, I feel a huge difference! Talk to your Dr.--I am 4 months out and did not think it was related to my hysterectomy and it was--Good Luck! Jeanine (41, surgery July 16, 2007)
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:59 AM

hey jeanine.........what other symptoms of no estrogen did you have? hot flashes etc??? just curious..............gee.
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM

HI,

I am 8 months post surgery and I am still in pain. It seems the joint pain is getting worse. I did not have it this bad before surgery. When it hurts, it's like a burn. It is in my hands, lower back and even my legs, lots of cramps. I feel so different after the surgery. Everyday it's some kind of pain. When I mentioned it to my dr. he just looked at me and said it has nothing to do with the surgery and yet, anyone I have spoken to has these symptoms after the hysterectomy.

How about fatigue?

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register